Gran Canaria - Playa Del Ingles. Nightlife

Nostalgic

No longer active
Anyone ever been? First time visit in a few days, had a quick look for nightlife (although its meant to be a 'chill' holiday with the girlfriend) decembers meant to be quite busy so i read up.

Also theres a pacha over there? Cant see any dj line ups though, probabley just there own spanish locals?

We stayed in the south near maspalomos. Nice n warm in dec. And dirt cheap. So worth it for that alone. Nightlife was bad though. I mean Very bad. Big gay scene but the naff end of the scale, cabarets, karaoke hell and elvis impersonators. Avoid that part for serious music

Went once in 2008. Playa del Ingles is good for a laugh, but don't expect to be catered for any real cutting edge music. Very commercial, though things may have changed. It's frequented mostly by that 18-30s crowd. Lots (LOTS!) of Germans too. Made me wonder how it earned that moniker.

Pacha - from what I recall - was very table service orientated. You walk into a huge patio area with loads of tables & seating.

There's no "strip", but clusters of venues in centres.

Irish centre good for pubs, cheap grub and watching sports.
The Yumbo centre is the gay district.
And the Kasbah (?) is the centre where the main nightlife is. Here you'll find Lineker's and all that carry-on, as well as Pacha. There was a Scandinavian bar next door to Lineker's with a happy hardcore music policy. Dire. But the barmaids - WOW! :twisted: Also takeaway outlets and restaurants (was a really good grill place), market stalls and strip clubs.

There was also a stand-alone club called The Point which had the late licence and everybody flocked to where everywhere else shut. Again, expect chart & party classics!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, i wernt expecting much music wise anyway. But its good to have abit of nightlife. We are staying at the IFA Hotel Continental. It was one of the better ones and is all inclusive!

Went there sometime around the late 90s. Landed about 2am, threw the bags in the room and went straight out. By abut 6am, I'd lost all my mates and it suddenly dawned on me that I didn't know what the hotel was called, what it looked like or where it was.... Eventually found a couple of my mates after wandering around for about an hour...

Reading the above and from what I remember it doesn't sound like it's changed much. :eek:

Aqua ocean club is an outdoor venue in melanaros short taxi ride from playa del ingles they sometimes have half decent stuff on down at the maspalomas light house there are some nice bars and restaurants on the beach front nice in the evening really chilled some nice shops down there too. Catch the ferry around to mogan nice little fishing town with some good fish restaurants nice for an afternoon out

Stayed in maspalomas-nice for couples with lots if restaurants and shops. Good walk on't beach between there and Playa Ingles, few colourful sights! Didn't drink in Ingles but saw the pacha and lots of bars. Maspalomas was more our scene :eek:

Went on a skateboarding trip there many moon ago as they have alot of great parks.stay in 1 hotel for the last few night because fot 3weeks we were staying with friends and familys of skaters and they mostly lived in tin huts and ramshackle house like you find in Rio flevllas.great experience ..there camp was on a banana plantation in the middle of the island.and mas palomas was our going out spot.

Slightly off topic.....I'm in Lanzarote at the moment and Elvis is definitely in the building...at all times:rolleyes:

Yes still cruise around a bit:) more now as my daughter got a penny board and its an excuse for me to bring her to the park. Picked up some nice reissues of old boards over the last few years to keep the fire burning so to speak.

QUOTE="MiniMarc, post: 848832, member: 8622"]I'll start a separate old man skater thread![/QUOTE]
Check out Tired Skateboards. Some great videos

Got back last night. Was very quiet only few bars open, prs over there said the rush will come this week for xmas etc. Went into pacha was only 5 people max im there, local dj playing a selection of dance music.

Hotel was beautifull and the weather was stunning. Definatley recommend although there was more dutch/germans than english

Back