Got my Nights Sorted: Need Help Filling Blanks

Silo

So, like a kid planning a trip to Disney land, I think I have now completely sorted my clubbing itinery for the short 4 night at the end of June. It is my first time on the White Isle and it is nothing short of my own personal Haj type trip to Ibiza (my own Mecca). I wanted to fit in and taste as much of the clubbing landscape as possible, to that extent my 4 nights look like this:

Sun: We Love with Groove Armarda and Dave Clarke (Going big big at this night)
Mon: Circoloco @ DC10 from 6 then at midnight heading to Troupe @ Sankey's (Bicep, Move D)
Tues: Get Physical at Privilege but Mambo and Cafe Del Mar for pre drinks (I seriously respect the label but worried this might be less busy, anyone been?)
Weds: Paradise @ DC10 with Jamie Jones and Four Tet (Last night will be mental!)
Thurs: Plane back home @ 15:00 - will I make it?!:p

So with that in mind and the fact that I full days on the Tues and Weds, what can you suggest in terms of beaches, places to relax, insider tips as how I can fill my time and get some of the deeper Ibiza experiences. Unfortunately, I do not drive which is a shame as would love to get up to the North. Dont think it will happen this time, but if anyone has other ideas please let me know. Any suggestions welcome.

Get Physical party is new this year so there's no previous to go by. If you're not driving then daytime options are more limited, especially if you party hard and want some time to relax wherever you go. Presume you're staying in Playa d'en Bossa in which case Salinas is pretty close and cheap to get to in a taxi. Cala d'Hort further but also close enough I guess. Yemanja at Cala Jondal (next to Blue Marlin) is a nice place to go between lunchtime and DC-10 on Monday - it's all in a very close radius with a cab and both are close to PDB.

Get Physical party is new this year so there's no previous to go by. If you're not driving then daytime options are more limited, especially if you party hard and want some time to relax wherever you go. Presume you're staying in Playa d'en Bossa in which case Salinas is pretty close and cheap to get to in a taxi. Cala d'Hort further but also close enough I guess. Yemanja at Cala Jondal (next to Blue Marlin) is a nice place to go between lunchtime and DC-10 on Monday - it's all in a very close radius with a cab and both are close to PDB.

Kimajy, thank you for your information, and I have been picking up loads of info from you awesome reviews. As a matter of interest, say I wanted to head down to Salinas which looks beautiful, is there any option of going to a club or hotel, where i could pay to use the facilities for the day. So they provide towels, showers sunbeds etc and access to the beach?

Kimajy, thank you for your information, and I have been picking up loads of info from you awesome reviews. As a matter of interest, say I wanted to head down to Salinas which looks beautiful, is there any option of going to a club or hotel, where i could pay to use the facilities for the day. So they provide towels, showers sunbeds etc and access to the beach?

The only real hotel down there (Boutique Hostal Salinas) isn't on the beach it's set back on the road nearby and is very small. There's a new pool but I think this is mainly for residents / diners.

There are beach showers at Salinas ...

On the main beach itself there are 3 main restaurants / beach clubs which will all keep you well refreshed - and there are a few sunloungers available. I don't bother with them personally (usually drive down, take a towel from the car and lie on /by the rocks) so don't know what the arrangement is but if you get there reasonably early there likely won't be too much trouble getting sunbeds if they can't be booked in advance. Towels are a different story - perhaps contact the restaurants and ask about combining lunch with some sunbeds and ask about towels etc. ? I'm sure someone else on here will have had experience and can advise better on that. Guarana is a beach club and a little fancier in a way, so I think may well do more 'tlc'..

The beach restaurants are :

Sa Trinxa

http://www.satrinxa.com/

Jockey Club

http://www.jockeyclubibiza.com/thisistheplace/salinas-beach

Guarana

http://www.guarana-salinas.com/es/index.html

I won't suggest what's sometimes suggested ('borrow' some towels from your hotel and dump them when you move on to DC-10, which is on the way home !) ... because most of the hotels have wised up to that and will likely manage to charge your room :lol: If you go back to your hotel before going out clubbing it's easier of course - just borrow some hotel towels, take them home after and you've all your options open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kimajy,

You picked up what I was aiming at, trying to figure out how I can get to somewhere nice for the day and get ready for DC10 without heading directly back to the Hotel! It seems like the best move would be to save places like Guarana for one of the days I have some more time to relax and enjoy. It certainly looks lovely down there!

Once again thank you for your tips:)

PDB beach has public showers on it. I used them last year for a quick up and under after spending a day (hot-phew!) on the beach and then catching a flight home. Surely you could use a small "disposable" type towel to dry off? Does Salinas have showers?

Does Salinas have showers?

Yes. I've survived for 3 days and nights at a time without going back to my hotel room with the help of the beach showers in Ibiza. It's only the more remote ones which don't have good facilities. I'd be surprised if Guarana wouldn't provide towels for a charge tbh. Just rinse off and get changed in the loo if you're coy. Though considering how much nudity there is on Salinas I doubt the odd flash would raise any eyebrows !

Btw .. if you do wind up going to DC-10 or day parties straight from the beach (I almost inevitably do) it has a cloakroom you can leave a small bag in. The only thing is remembering that you need to pick it up by the time you've been in there for a few hours. It just needs a bit of planning and trying not to take out any more out with you than you actually need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back