Google Music Beta

Robder

Bloody hell - loving this cloud thing!

Google have done it again...currently uploading my entire music collection so I can access it anywhere with a web connection - and no need for a hard drive.

Geeky I know but still - royally impressed.

I don't think it's launched in the UK yet so I've fooled my laptop and got a US version running (don't ask how I work with developers)

Anyone else on this?

Can't get it over here yet unless you do what you've done.

Seems like a ridiculously amazing idea. Can't wait until it's launched over here.

Much easier way to do it if you've got a Windows PC. :p

There's a setting in Windows Media Player that lets you log in to your Windows Live account (which you've got if you ever use Messenger or Hotmail) and access your music collection from anywhere... while your music is still on your home PC.

None of this uploading crap. No worries about Google looking over your shoulder. The only catches are a) you have to leave your computer turned on and logged in, and b) you have to have WMP on whatever computer you're accessing it with.

I don't believe in the cloud. I keep all my data close at hand...

you can stream your vids and music from compy to ithing using audiogalaxy and airvideo -over a network or internet connection. all free

Much easier way to do it if you've got a Windows PC. :p

There's a setting in Windows Media Player that lets you log in to your Windows Live account (which you've got if you ever use Messenger or Hotmail) and access your music collection from anywhere... while your music is still on your home PC.

None of this uploading crap. No worries about Google looking over your shoulder. The only catches are a) you have to leave your computer turned on and logged in, and b) you have to have WMP on whatever computer you're accessing it with.

I don't believe in the cloud. I keep all my data close at hand...

because i'm really worried about someone discovering my music. :eek:

i'm not really that para about my data - if it's that sacred - don't put it up there. i ain't a paedo and can see through advertising messages. (I've worked in agencies)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

On a serious note though - that windows thing does sound good. Ain't gonna work for me though because I have a (completely irrational) hatred for windows.

i would have thought that was advantageous - you know when one song finishes and another one starts?

Bloody hell - loving this cloud thing!

Google have done it again...currently uploading my entire music collection so I can access it anywhere with a web connection - and no need for a hard drive.

Geeky I know but still - royally impressed.

I don't think it's launched in the UK yet so I've fooled my laptop and got a US version running (don't ask how I work with developers)

Anyone else on this?

If I could have sex with a computer programme.......it would be Google

I have everything I own on Google products and it has made my life so much more streamlined

If I could have sex with a computer programme.......it would be Google

I have everything I own on Google products and it has made my life so much more streamlined

dude you should totally check out this thing called the realtouch

Yeah they are quite amazing.

Not getting too carried away with brand loyalty tho - does it do what I want it to? Answer = yes.

Beyond that, Google Schmoogle.

Update - only managed to upload 127 (of 19,000) tracks over two days.

...and it's having serious problems uploading 2 hour mixes (possibly due to web connection??!)

Still, am officially months away from being able to use this properly.

Upload my music???
I don't have any music anymore...
My IPOD downloads and delets 50-100 Podcasts each week. I never manage to listen to all of them. Everytime I switch on my IPOD there is something new.
At home I only listen streams of be-at.tv, IBIZA Sonica or dancetrippin.
In the seldom case I want to listen to one specific track, it takes minutes to find it on an rapishare or netload site.

No need to have music anymore as everything is availabel at anytime on the net allready.

Upload my music???
I don't have any music anymore...
My IPOD downloads and delets 50-100 Podcasts each week. I never manage to listen to all of them. Everytime I switch on my IPOD there is something new.
At home I only listen streams of be-at.tv, IBIZA Sonica or dancetrippin.
In the seldom case I want to listen to one specific track, it takes minutes to find it on an rapishare or netload site.

No need to have music anymore as everything is availabel at anytime on the net allready.

Yup - if you listen to music passively and that works for you then it's a sign of the times - and you're right.

But I do still like to follow artists and don't subscribe to the notion that because music came out a month/year/decade ago its now dead. Nor do I blindly agree with trends promoted by resident advisor et al. I was dance music's biggest critic throughout that dullsville minimalist period circa '07-'08.

Mixes are great...but you have little/no control over what you're listening to.

...and there are zillions of genres out there worth discovering.

I buy more music now than I ever have - and download in equal measure.

:lol: valid point.

am officially homeless at the mo so no room for organisation of any kind*.

* whatsover.

Will be living like a zen master from Oct.

Back