Good Snorkelling Beaches

images

My personal favourite for fish life and clear water is Benirras (enter from the rocks to the right as you face the sea) – the kelp beds and rocks combo means you get some decent-sized fish here if you swim around, almost guaranteed

Cala Xucla, S'illot des Rencil and Cala Xaracca (all near each other - NW)

Cala Mastella & Pou del Lleo (North East)

Cala d'en Serra (near Portinatx)

Cala de Boix (NE – only if it's calm)

Cala Carbo (West)

… there are loads of them actually !

Belize....but I did catch a small hammerhead once...... The Blue Hole is amazing. Guess you meant Ibiza though, but in case you didn't.

Benirras - was in exactly that spot last year!

Cala Carbo (West)- is that the one with the 2 fish restaurants by the beach? If it is, we ate in one last year. bloody nice it was too.

not been to these ones, so will check them out most def.

thx 8)

Yes, but it's good fun (and good food!) if you've got a group of people.
We'll figure it out on the island.

we can always goto a diff beach the day before and book at Mastella en route for another day.

When does Meryl get there?

Will depend... would be up for a massive lunch at Cala Mastella one day though.
Only catch is you need to go up there the day before to make reservations.

They were booked solid a week ahead earlier in the season :!: Got a mobile number off them now tho' if you need it (and I can find it !) .. can then go along to put down the cash to confirm but at least get a steer/pencil in the book if you ask them nicely ;)

They were booked solid a week ahead earlier in the season :!: Got a mobile number off them now tho' if you need it (and I can find it !) .. can then go along to put down the cash to confirm but at least get a steer/pencil in the book if you ask them nicely ;)
I thought they were like the Amish and eschewed modern conveniences like phones :lol:
(yes please! PM me)

When does Meryl get there?
Arrives Tuesday.

My personal favourite for fish life and clear water is Benirras (enter from the rocks to the right as you face the sea) – the kelp beds and rocks combo means you get some decent-sized fish here if you swim around, almost guaranteed

Cala Carbo (West)

… there are loads of them actually !

What kiimjay sys - I adore the beaches up the North - they're rocky and have some great little coves.... and have some great little beach restaurants - especially at Xaracca 8)

Went to xarracca twice. Both times sea was rough... Shame.

Unlucky - when it's calm from that direction it's lovely. Just need to head round the coast when it's like that .. you can always find another one fairly nearby that's sheltered up there.

I thought they were like the Amish and eschewed modern conveniences like phones :lol:
(yes please! PM me)

Ooops - sorry Morbs :eek: .. missed the further posts on this thread before for some reason :oops: ! Did you get up there and get the cellphone number ? The card I have with it on is about 3 hours away in the other abode which I won't be seeing until Saturday (in the spirit of eschewing modern conveniences it's not in my mobile phonebook :))..

Back