Gone But Not Forgotten: Ibiza Parties and Clubs

back (for me 1998) when you didn't know the Manumission lineup until the day after the previous week and only from the posters being changed around the island

back (for me 1998) when you didn't know the Manumission lineup until the day after the previous week and only from the posters being changed around the island
....one year there were rumours that Madonna was to perform and their posters had her likeness on it a few times. Genius pre-internet hype merchants, and quality party and after party
loons.

....one year there were rumours that Madonna was to perform and their posters had her likeness on it a few times. Genius pre-internet hype merchants, and quality party and after party
loons.

there was a year at We Love... Space where this was also rumoured

Seen the Happy Mondays (and met them after they finished) in ‘98 At Manumission.

Bez writes about that night in his biography ’Freaky Dancing’. Apparently rolled a car a few hours before going on stage.

Were a sound bunch of guys.

From what I've heard - gleaned from JST - the sound limiters have largely ended Sa Trinxa as a 'party' (strict sound limiters when your only neighbours are salt, sand and insects, but never mind eh) but the last really good one I attended in 2017 I think, was amazing, one of the funniest afternoons I can remember. The music was pure cheese but for once it didn't really matter, the goodwill and friendliness just sucked you in. Spontaneous dance offs with ageing Belgians, Italians, Yanks on the decking going mental to Pavarotti remixes. I'd wager more fun than any of those tech sardine factories, but hey whaddya I know...

Last edited:
Back