Golf

tristanbaldock

Any Spotlight golfers out there? Anyone take it semi seriously? Handicap? I play off 12 but do not put the hours in (currently) to go any lower

got down to 16 as a kid (14-16) then packed in as college commenced and my membership shot up from junior to adult, always meant to go back to it and hope to do so very soon, the father in law plays a lot and hes pretty good, plus got some lovely courses down where I live and have got friends who live slap bang in the middle of almenara, san roque & valderama, so have no excuses really.

I accept it's just personal preference but gold bores me to tears. Mates from footy talking about after we've played sends me in to an (irrational) apopletic rage:spank:

The only thing I enjoyed about golf the last time my dad dragged me out on the course to play was drinking the Sam Adams beers I had hidden in the golf cart.

I play off 14 and I'm sad to see season end It snowed yesterday here in NJ. So I'm going to put the clubs away. I travel with my clubs and play when work doesn't get in the way.

454326987v1_225x225_Front.jpg

Any Spotlight golfers out there? Anyone take it semi seriously? Handicap? I play off 12 but do not put the hours in (currently) to go any lower

'kin hell. Play off 12 but don't put the hours in:eek::eek:

I took part in a charity golf day last week, having not lifted a club for six years. I was kindly put on the ladies handicap of 36 and went round in 130 (par 71)!!

Fantastic game, and would love to have the time for 18 or even nine holes per week.

Jeezus! I've only played 3 times and I'm not THAT bad! :lol:

I didn't tell the full tale, after eight holes, the course was enveloped in fog that reduced visibility to approx 15 metres! We ended up playing a game of where tf did that go! We were the only team to complete 18 holes and held up the afternoon meal by an hour!!!!

i hack n slash, and generally get around in 140. :lol:

a good round for me is when i dont lose a ball.

Never once done that, ie; not lose a ball(s)!

i enjoy hitting a few balls on the beach for my dog to run after and bring back. problem is he sometimes doesn't have the patience to watch the ball land and turns back to me as if i haven't hit it! he looks like he's saying 'come on then hit it'! its a lazy walk but good fun for both of us

plus got some lovely courses down where I live and have got friends who live slap bang in the middle of almenara, san roque & valderama, so have no excuses really.

No excuses at all. What could be better than a round in the sun?

I accept it's just personal preference but gold bores me to tears. Mates from footy talking about after we've played sends me in to an (irrational) apopletic rage:spank:

No one's bored by gold! Golf, on the other hand i understand does divide opinion more than most sports. It is very much a sport you either 'get' or don't. I've played (and love) football, cricket, tennis and squash, but there is NOTHING like hitting a pure iron shot in golf. Get yourself to the range and have a bash Buckley!

I'm sad to see season end .

Tell me about it, our course down here in Cornwall has been frozen solid for the last 2 weeks.

'kin hell. Play off 12 but don't put the hours in:eek::eek:

In fairness i put the hours in to get to 12, but to get any lower i'd really have to dedicate a lot of time to it, which unfortunately i can't do. If you have a decent amount of natural talent it's a good start, but golf more than any other game i know is about practice, practice, practice. The more shots hit, the easier the game gets. So much centres on a repeating swing, which is only gained by lots of repetition. Surprisingly. :)

Back