Going to London next weekend Sat Jan 19th. Bar/clubs suggestions

claretclubber

In the capital next weekend and looking for somewhere to go on Saturday night. We're thinking of drinking in Shoreditch at night. Few questions...

Getting the tube to Old Street-where to go from there? Only been once before, and can only remember RoadTrip which was ok. Should we head along old street, or down Rivington St? Or neither!

Secondly I've looked at the listings on skiddle and don't know anyone of the dj's playing! Can anyone recommend any good venues for house/tech on the 19th Jan. Staying near Kings Cross, Egg seems close, don't know much about the club and zero about the actual night that's on. Any information, will be it busy and does it really stay open till 10am. Don't mind a small club, warehouse or big club- just a good night.

Finally are there any after clubs on a Sunday morning if we still have the energy!

Thanks

sunday morning Cable in london bridge is the place if u wana stay out till lunchtime. best to put names down on the list. party is called Jaded you will be able to find em on fb. Haha Roadtrip is the closes bar to the tube im sure there are better places a little further but tbh most of the bars round there / shoreditch are bit average. Egg is indeed ope very late but crowd is not london's best. if in doubt i would go Corsica studios or Fabric unless u hear about a specific party.

In the capital next weekend and looking for somewhere to go on Saturday night. We're thinking of drinking in Shoreditch at night. Few questions...

Getting the tube to Old Street-where to go from there? Only been once before, and can only remember RoadTrip which was ok. Should we head along old street, or down Rivington St? Or neither!

Secondly I've looked at the listings on skiddle and don't know anyone of the dj's playing! Can anyone recommend any good venues for house/tech on the 19th Jan. Staying near Kings Cross, Egg seems close, don't know much about the club and zero about the actual night that's on. Any information, will be it busy and does it really stay open till 10am. Don't mind a small club, warehouse or big club- just a good night.

Finally are there any after clubs on a Sunday morning if we still have the energy!

Thanks

The Egg is likely to be very Italian-heavy on 19th, so you know the drill (!)

http://www.egglondon.net/listings/la-dolce-vita-alex-neri-marco-faraone-2013-january-19.shtml

I've been a few times and it's a weird place. All types from suits to parole-boys and girls with plenty of glammed-up movie extras. It's a big place really - several areas if they have the whole club open. Always felt a bit surreal to me... overtones of kitch glam (the only supposedly laid-back club I fell into at 5am on a Saturday morning which nearly turned me away for wearing shorts in the Summer). Door can be a bit highly strung. It wouldn't be my 1st choice and I'd pick Cable over The Egg any day, notwithstanding the inevitable snail-like queues if you arrive a minute after open doors.

so +1 for Jaded on Sunday morning.

As far as Saturday night is concerned, if you don't want to go to Fabric (Superfreq night is likely to be decent) then I'd go to Cartuli's Day @ 7-9 Crucifix Lane in Southwark. Nice and handy for Jaded afters too, so you can get a tube home when you've hit the wall later ;).

On drinking in Shoreditch - I don't, it's awful ! :lol:. Closest I've got for ages is ? in Dalston or else fled out to Cambridge Heath / Hackney Wick. Actually I lie, I've nipped into Basing House for a couple of hours when someone decent was playing but fled south of the river before 3am !

The Egg is likely to be very Italian-heavy on 19th, so you know the drill (!)

http://www.egglondon.net/listings/la-dolce-vita-alex-neri-marco-faraone-2013-january-19.shtml

I've been a few times and it's a weird place. All types from suits to parole-boys and girls with plenty of glammed-up movie extras. It's a big place really - several areas if they have the whole club open. Always felt a bit surreal to me... overtones of kitch glam (the only supposedly laid-back club I fell into at 5am on a Saturday morning which nearly turned me away for wearing shorts in the Summer). Door can be a bit highly strung. It wouldn't be my 1st choice and I'd pick Cable over The Egg any day, notwithstanding the inevitable snail-like queues if you arrive a minute after open doors.

so +1 for Jaded on Sunday morning.

As far as Saturday night is concerned, if you don't want to go to Fabric (Superfreq night is likely to be decent) then I'd go to Cartuli's Day @ 7-9 Crucifix Lane in Southwark. Nice and handy for Jaded afters too, so you can get a tube home when you've hit the wall later ;).

On drinking in Shoreditch - I don't, it's awful ! :lol:. Closest I've got for ages is ? in Dalston or else fled out to Cambridge Heath / Hackney Wick. Actually I lie, I've nipped into Basing House for a couple of hours when someone decent was playing but fled south of the river before 3am !

What is the Basing house like, saw that on skiddle, 300 capacity again with a dj I've not heard of!

Thanks for the info

What is the Basing house like, saw that on skiddle, 300 capacity again with a dj I've not heard of!

Thanks for the info

Bar with dancefloor basically. Downstairs there is an L-shaped bar with sofas and usual mini-standing tables, loos beyond the bar (RHS of dancefloor), a small dancefloor facing DJ booth at the back. Stairs off to the left of the back of the dancefloor taking you up to cloakroom, loos and a smoking terrace. They've had some good DJs in there - definitely the best of the Shoreditch venues for taste. However, their equipment can be dodgy - DVS1's set (and the whole vibe of an incredible build) was ruined last time I went when a mixer lead kept failing and had tech problems on another night I can remember last year. But guess that can happen anywhere.

It can get stranger-gyratingly cramped in there and last time I went (was a Friday) wound up retreating to the DJ booth to dance in front of speakers behind crowd barriers out of desperation, which I don't often do, and spent half the evening keeping it from being stormed by tipsies in multicolour leggings. So can be a bit boozy and "clueless" (i.e. footfall bregade), which can be a bit of a pain when you do get a decent DJ on.

Ripperton is a Deep(ish) House producer and pretty decent. You should get some good music. Probably my favourite is Max Cooper's remix of his 'A skilift upstairs the sleeping city'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JpULMkL_9E

Bicep did a fairly decent remix of 'Let's Hope' too : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo-QyJWRJqM

Back