Glastonbury

Sirens

I know a few people on here went last year...

I have been reading on other forums (efestivals) that most people get down to the festival on the Wednesday. Is this true? Does that mean limited areas to camp??

Hello :lol:

I can't really help you cos it's years since I went to Glastonbury but we went down on the Thursday and altho finding a place to camp wasn't really a problem, it was the queues and traffic which were really bad on the Thursday.

Hello :lol:

If it is busier on the Thursday does that mean you are less likey to be searched??

:lol: Are you bothered about finding somewhere to camp or are you bothered about the likelihood of being searched :lol:;)

Police were stopping random cars on the Thursday but don't know about on the Wednesday :confused:

Sorry I'm really no help at all am I :oops:

Dan has been the last few years so wait til he's back online cos he'll be more help when it comes to such important matters :lol:;)

Went Thursday last year. Arrived about midnight and got straight in, no queueing.

There was zero searching going on as well....tho i'm sure they'll have been random ones, but they weren't interested in us at that time...

Stop your worrying! :lol:

There will be loads of camping space if you arrive on Thurs and if you're taking anything naughty with you, make sure you hide it in your smalls. :lol:

There are 150,000 people in attendance and I think a casual punter is the least of their worries. ;)

The sun IS going to shine this year isn't it? 8)

Can't wait! Will unfortunately only be able to get Friday off so we'll be driving down on Friday morning as early as possible to avoid traffic... surely it's time for some cider?!

Hi

Last year was really bad as LOADS more people went down on the wednesday.

I would imagine this year to be FAR easier to get a good camping space.

Tickets are far from sold out. I seen a figure that was the unsold total the other week and woudnt be suprised if they had them on sale on the day. So I think you should be fine getting somewhere decent.

Tickets are still on sale, and are now being sold in shops!

It had better not rain :eek:

_41230795_glasto_tents_getty203getty.jpg

spaceball.gif

it promises to be the finest weather and the greatest festival since 1996(the last time I went)
We aregetting there thur pm although am leaving my wife at home.

I'm volunteering for Oxfam so will be there from the Tuesday - only have to do four hours a day though, so should catch plenty of music. First time so I'm rather excited. According to the Guardian today there are 10,000 tickets left which are now being sold through HMV without any need for registration and all that carry on.

Back