Glastonbury 2015

MiniMarc

wow.....

Still emotional from experiencing the best long weekend of my life. The levels of love , joy and happiness that place generates is mind blowing. I didnt totally get it before , watching it on tv but its a different ball game being there.

Things learned at Glastonbury.....

Walking 10-15 miles a day in the pursuit of fun is totally normal.
Being nearly reduced to tears watching people having fun and thinking its beautiful is ok.
Sun and dehydration can be more dangerous than the drugs.
Do not get pissed the night before, the walk across the whole site in blazing sun is hard enough without a hangover....
Lionel Richie is a god
Dance like no one is watching , even though theres thousands of people and tv cameras watching...
Make sure you eat , possibly more than normal because of the distances you cover
Break your boots / wellies in otherwise you may find your feet giving up on you sunday night and you have to hobble for miles back to your tent...
Rain sounds alot worse than it actually is if you're in your tent .
Glastonbury has the best/loudest soundsystems of any festival in uk im pretty sure
The late night area can be a scary place!
Don't always push your limits tomorrow is another day
The bbc dont mention just how f***ed up people get there , like really f***ed up... Way more than Ibiza!

Thats not advice for others as such just things I didnt really know before going.
I wish I could go back and do it all again right now but re living it on Iplayer will have to do!

Not an outwardly emotional kind of chap- but had to stop myself from crying Saturday and Sunday as well!

The variety, venues and lengths of parties for dance music fans is massive.

This is the first year I've had proper Glasto-envy. Always been an afterthought in the past. Not sure I can make next year due to other commitments, but determined that I will in 2017 or 2018 (anyone know when they're next due a break year?)

Late night-

You have to remember that everyone has been out all day seeing awesome music , drinking and whatever else... by the time you get there because it is FAR away your state of mind can be questionable haha! if u get there late its one of most stressful situations ive been in , so many ppl funelling into one area , not for the faint hearted!

Circo loco showcase was ok but the outside venue was very echoey so didnt sound great. Went into various little clubs that are full on rave dens like nowhere else. then on top you have the cabaret / host type people who are dressed up in crazy outfits / face masks it can bend your mind. Its an assault on the senses! and your feet getting over there / back!

2018 Looks like the year they could break, efestivals also mentioned a new site might need to be found.

Dance realted stuff throughout the festival. Aracdia which is the fire breathing bit, I didn't see the full show as I was busy at 11am everyday but there's another stuff shouting out of it throughout the sets. http://www.arcadiaspectacular.com/

Silver Hayes has sonic that was a silver tent, can not describe the shape, but open all the way round-not the loudest from outside but still good inside for Leftfield/Idris Elba. WOW which was a circus tent, witha boat coming t teh front that had day time parties- JESUS did an incredibly busy set in there-banging. BBC introducing another tent, did not go there. The Blues was a wall of what was meant to be houses I think-few big containers, this area had circoloco/fat boy slim, but for me the music was too quiet late on because it was outside.

The Park had a silent disco, again quiet! Stonebridge, circus style tent open at one side which was good and the Main stage which i didnt catch anyone on.

Inbetween Pyramid and Other stage was Beats Hotel, long square tent, set like a hotel housing big names and banging music.

The glade had Spacebot, indoor dance area, another T-pee style tent with dance music and a forest area with stage with lots of dance music.

The South East corner/or naughty corner had Block 9-London under ground (http://www.igoepahire.co.uk/blog/glastonbury-london-underground-spirafix-anchor-deployment/) which was like a club inside, decent lazer warehouse feel. NYCD which was quite gay orienated, but had some of the best music imo, three venues inside-designed like a hotel with cars crashed into it. Genosys which again outise, a wall off arty lighting and speakers- again quiet at night bass wise.

The common had the Temple, which i didnt see any music in and Rum Shack which i saw some dnb-cant remember but was loud.

Shangrila had two outside stages-Heaven and Hell, both loud. Hell was white and had similar lighting to the Terrace block wall in ibiza, Hell was a stage. Throughout shangrila were walk ways with political messages and displays, and small bars and clubs-all going well into the night.

Bit long winded but the place was ace, also dance stuff on the main stages, like Chemical brothers who were mind blowing!

Still recovering and getting emotional thinking about it all! Another vintage Glasto! Crazy times in NYC Downlow always a highlight!

someone asked me about drug intake earlier i said the whole thing is like a big bag of mdma!
I found i didnt want to do stuff, watching all the people crawling around on acid and the sober family types still having a cracker makes u think twice. levels to the extreme

Sorry ... just had to post it :lol: ...

11659382_10200924582912848_3728047310153574517_n.jpg

Will Bon Iver ever get his credibility back after sharing the stage with this plonker at Glastonbury.

Another great year at Glasto! Particularly enjoyed the Silver Hayes area on Thursday night (with very little going on elsewhere it was rammed at both Circoloco and the WOW tent) and the Park Stage area on Saturday, getting lost in the Rabbit Hole in the wee hours with Damian Lazarus and James Monro playing :lol:

Saturday was all about Way Out West, Caribou, Jamie XX and the Glade area. Missed Shangri-La and Block 9 totally which was a bummer but caught Dalai Lama on Sunday morning which was an unexpected bonus. Roll on next year

Was great but there were some disappointments for me this year. The crowds got to unbearable levels in some places, due to bad planning.

Thursday, they really need to put more stuff on to spread the crowd out. The Wow tent is always horrible on thursdays no matter whos on, but with such a high profile act on it just got dangerous.

On saturday the blues was ridiculous. I wasnt planning on seeing fat boy, and was just passing but again it looked dangerous. I bet only 10% of that crowd could actually hear the music, it was so quiet. He packed out sonic when headlining last year, putting him on at a time with little clashes was always going to end badly.

I was also a little disappointed with some of the shangri-la and block 9 areas, at certain times you could hardly tell if the speakers were even on. We turned up to see four tet and didnt even know hed started even though we were about 20m from the booth.

All in all the festival was amazing and I'm probably just complaining because I'm still slightly hungover after a week.

Back