Glastonbury 2013

TM78

might as well start the thread then.:p

im well up for this, and buzzing that we managed to get tickets today, we got our 8, and various other friends have got theirs so loking at a decent sized group for for it.

arcadia, shangri la, block 9, dance village....its going to be mental...will be my first trip down to it (should've done it years ago !)...will be going strong the full 5 days (maybe take it a bit easy on the monday retreat home:D

who else got tickets?

for those experienced glastonbury people, whats your hints & tips?

In! 8)

Been so many times since the mid 90s have lost count - what do you wanna know?
best camping spot / field?

your favourite areas/club spaces...and what to expect from them...

who has done the trip by train? how congested/troublesome is it getting to castle cary (?) and then shuttle bus?

police / sniffer dogs at castle cary?

anyone do the glastonbury express train from the north?...pondering getting a glasgow - crew/preston train then jumping on that...not sure any of our crowd fancy driving...well the drive back really...coming back the 4hrs from rockness is almost like a suicide mission nevermind 10hrs+ from glastonbury:lol:

Camping spot - so many...depends on the scene you're looking for. Best to head for Pennards if arriving early I guess. Avoid Pyramid/Dance fields due to teenage raver turnout and if in a big group wanting space and a compound, head for Dairy fields.

Fave area - NYC Downlow. Musically the best club in the universe. The rest of the festival is surplus to requirements. Those less biased than me will be neighbouring venues like the London Underground, Bez's acid house and various Shangri La areas. Interestingly, the dance field is a bit naff compared to the Shangri La/Bloc 9/Arcadia space so head over there.

Also - VERY important to get a healing treatment early in the weekend at the green fields before you ruin yourself...and to head to the cabaret field to check out the scenes on a lazy afternoon.

Be organised - get the line up times beforehand and put together a rough plan...that way you can switch between a schedule to catch all your faves and drifting to take in the general scenes. Don't be too organised as it's a faff and ruins the experience - and don't go in big groups as it's a nightmare. Take nytols, get some sleep! Rise at 13h00 and start the day...you don't sleep - you're constantly playing catch up (note to self).

Oh and the stone circle at sunrise is a must. :eek:

Police - your guess is as good as mine.

I'd recommend getting a coach because you have to get a coach from the train points anyway so it makes more sense to do the journey in one schlep (if you're travelling miles this may not be the best option though).

Camping spot - so many...depends on the scene you're looking for. Best to head for Pennards if arriving early I guess. Avoid Pyramid/Dance fields due to teenage raver turnout and if in a big group wanting space and a compound, head for Dairy fields.

Fave area - NYC Downlow. Musically the best club in the universe. The rest of the festival is surplus to requirements. Those less biased than me will be neighbouring venues like the London Underground, Bez's acid house and various Shangri La areas. Interestingly, the dance field is a bit naff compared to the Shangri La/Bloc 9/Arcadia space so head over there.

Also - VERY important to get a healing treatment early in the weekend at the green fields before you ruin yourself...and to head to the cabaret field to check out the scenes on a lazy afternoon.

Be organised - get the line up times beforehand and put together a rough plan...that way you can switch between a schedule to catch all your faves and drifting to take in the general scenes. Don't be too organised as it's a faff and ruins the experience - and don't go in big groups as it's a nightmare. Take nytols, get some sleep! Rise at 13h00 and start the day...you don't sleep - you're constantly playing catch up (note to self).

Oh and the stone circle at sunrise is a must. :eek:

Police - your guess is as good as mine.

I'd recommend getting a coach because you have to get a coach from the train points anyway so it makes more sense to do the journey in one schlep (if you're travelling miles this may not be the best option though).
8) CHEERS...couple of our crowd have been a few times before as well, so should be ok, but thanks for some background.

block 9, arcadia, shangri la is where i think i'll be most of the time...i will take a wander up to the healing fields, but im a bit too cynical to actually do any of that stuff:lol:...t

I REALLY need to get to Glasto at some point. Ignored it in favour of Exit, Creamfields and IOW in recent years.

I assume you can't apply for resale tickets next year if you didn't try on Sunday??

I REALLY need to get to Glasto at some point. Ignored it in favour of Exit, Creamfields and IOW in recent years.

I assume you can't apply for resale tickets next year if you didn't try on Sunday??
TICKET RESALE
There will be a resale of any cancelled tickets in April 2013. Registration will reopen well in advance of this.

8)

TICKET RESALE
There will be a resale of any cancelled tickets in April 2013. Registration will reopen well in advance of this.

8)

Nice, I'll give that some thought.

Space opening is priority however...

I managed to get a golden ticket but it was an absolute nightmare this year. Out of our group 24 of us got tickets but 17 didn't so yesterday was a bit of a downer as it's the first time we haven't all got tickets. I've managed to get them for people in the resale the past 2 times so all hope is not lost yet.

Glasto is my favourite place on earth. I even prefer it to Ibiza :)

My top tip is not to go on a 3 day bender before getting there as I totally ruined the last one for myself :oops:

We've camped at Park Home Ground the past couple of times which is right next to Pennards because it doesn't fill up quite so quickly although it still gets full.

Shangri La/Arcadia etc are AMAZING!!!

Just wander around and discover loads of random, crazy goings on.

Worth checking out the Efestivals Glasto forums before you go. Loads of info over there :)

No ticket for me this year :(

Pretty gutted, particularly when you get through to the stage of putting your reg details on the website only for it to crash on you then. Seetickets = Joke

No ticket for me this year :(

Pretty gutted, particularly when you get through to the stage of putting your reg details on the website only for it to crash on you then. Seetickets = Joke

They only had one out of 2 servers running - it was a complete balls-up.

They only had one out of 2 servers running - it was a complete balls-up.

Someone I know managed to log onto the 2nd server (it had an incorrect ip address entered on their dns server) and had no problems getting tickets. Sometimes it's useful being an IT geek :eek: Lucky bugger....

One day there won't be this mad rush for tickets and I'll actually get one :lol:
A few years ago you could buy them over the counter at hmvbecause they weren't selling!

Four of us failed to get through, hopefully try again in the re-sale

Back