Glasters 2010

I'm a bit annoyed, not because i wanted to see U2, but because i DIDN'T want to see that sanctimonious ***** and could go to The Glade for Sasha. WTF am i meant to do if they replace with someone decent now?

Seems no one was upset about poor Bono, myself very much included. Looks like they will just push Dizzee up to the headliner slot which is okay I guess. Very, very excited since tickets came through a few days ago.

How do you know times? Or is it a confident guess?

Hmmm - that looks like a good thing to catch. 8)

A confident guess! I assume he'll be closing judging by the way the line ups are written. I love The Glade on a Friday afternoon/night, such a great way to get the party started proper. Timo Maas closing on the Friday night last year was superb. 8)

I've never actually seen Sasha play live so it would be criminal to miss this.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

One of these years I will make it over for this festival, damnit!!

Great replacement... better than the original headliner at the moment.

c/o the daily mash

-----------------------------

BONO has cancelled his appearance at Glastonbury forcing organisers into a last minute hunt for some other twat.

For more than 120 years the headline spot at the white collar hippy festival has been filled by some of music's biggest arseholes, including the one with all the hair, the whiny American chap and that ridiculous Mancunian who has taken to selling t-shirts.

But now Michael Eavis, the simple multi-millionaire farmer who runs Glastonbury from his upside down head, has appealed to managers all over the world to check their schedules and see if one of their twats is available.

He added: "Obviously we're disappointed. Bono truly is a once in a generation bellend.

"But perhaps this year will see the emergence of a new breed of utterly hellish pri/ck who will prance around thinking he's Jesus in front of a load of London-based media and marketing executives who've paid way too much for their funghi.

"Meanwhile, I've got to find something to do with this 200ft wide backdrop of Bono blessing Pope Benedict. I suppose we could make it into a duvet cover for a blue whale that really likes The Joshua Tree. My God, can you imagine anything worse?"

U2 were forced to cancel after Bono ruptured his back while trying to reconcile his support for third world debt relief with his Cote D'Azur mansion and his army of highly skilled tax accountants.

Coldplay have been suggested as a replacement, but even U2 fans have threatened to petrol bomb the main stage if Chris Martin is spotted so much as a foot inside the Somerset County Council boundary.

When I was at school, as many of you fine scholars were at one stage or another, everyone was divided into two groups...ravers and rockers.

I fell into the ravers category which I suspect many of you were too..oh we had fun in those days..listening to carl cox and friends rolling phat ones and making friends with people at the drop of a hat only to find that the following morning, you do not know who the fvck you were telling your biggest darkest secrets to for the last 6 hours over a lucozade in the chill out room...ah the good old days...

But, I have to say - having woken up from that, and lets not split hairs here, waste of youth and not to mention brain cells, I find it startling that many of you still cling to the notion that ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS GOOD!!!!

I have broken free my friends, and I have to report that you will too one day. U2 and talented bands like it will live long and proud in the musical future but who will know or care who Sasha or James Zabiela were in their day unless you who are reading this know will STILL be clinging to this forgotten world and culture....

It had it's day. Pills were good. Ibiza was good. But can't you just see it all around, big clubs closing, dance music becoming a distant memory; I tell you. I think many of you already feel this anyway and I'm talking to the 'soon to be converted' but God..

How can all you sheep slate a band like U2 - it defies belief. Or are you just slating them to feel part of an ever dwindling group..

DISCUSS:D

When I was at school, as many of you fine scholars were at one stage or another, everyone was divided into two groups...ravers and rockers.

I fell into the ravers category which I suspect many of you were too..oh we had fun in those days..listening to carl cox and friends rolling phat ones and making friends with people at the drop of a hat only to find that the following morning, you do not know who the fvck you were telling your biggest darkest secrets to for the last 6 hours over a lucozade in the chill out room...ah the good old days...

But, I have to say - having woken up from that, and lets not split hairs here, waste of youth and not to mention brain cells, I find it startling that many of you still cling to the notion that ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS GOOD!!!!

I have broken free my friends, and I have to report that you will too one day. U2 and talented bands like it will live long and proud in the musical future but who will know or care who Sasha or James Zabiela were in their day unless you who are reading this know will STILL be clinging to this forgotten world and culture....

It had it's day. Pills were good. Ibiza was good. But can't you just see it all around, big clubs closing, dance music becoming a distant memory; I tell you. I think many of you already feel this anyway and I'm talking to the 'soon to be converted' but God..

How can all you sheep slate a band like U2 - it defies belief. Or are you just slating them to feel part of an ever dwindling group..

You sound similar to an ex-smoker. People will always want to do different things so as long as you're happy leave everyone else to their fun.

In fairness i wasn't slating U2, they've done some good songs over the years, although i've never been a huge fan. I was slating Bono, the hypocritical knob cheese that he is.

I agree with you about the split at school between Ravers and Rockers, and i definitely did fall into the ravers category. However, as i've grown up my musical snobbery has gone and i appreciate all music for what it is. My absolute best musical experience of last year was Blur at Glastonbury but my first love will always be electronic/dance/house music. One of my favourite things in the world is that 'hairs on the back of your neck' feeling when 'that' tune gets dropped on a dancefloor which is going off. Bands and guitar music are great but they struggle to replicate that specific feeling for me personally.

he's winding you all up (I think)

rocker or raver? wow that debate takes me back (to school in fact)

me, I don't really belong to any tribe anymore - hitting the mid-30s right on schedule

i just take my cue from the great James Murphy (LCD)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge.
The kids are coming up from behind.
I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge to the kids from France and from London.
But I was there.

I was there in 1968.
I was there at the first Can show in Cologne.
I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge to the kids whose footsteps I hear when they get on the decks.
I'm losing my edge to the Internet seekers who can tell me every member of every good group from 1962 to 1978.
I'm losing my edge.

To all the kids in Tokyo and Berlin.
I'm losing my edge to the art-school Brooklynites in little jackets and borrowed nostalgia for the unremembered eighties.

But I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge, but I was there.
I was there.
But I was there.

I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge.
I can hear the footsteps every night on the decks.
But I was there.
I was there in 1974 at the first Suicide practices in a loft in New York City.
I was working on the organ sounds with much patience.
I was there when Captain Beefheart started up his first band.
I told him, "Don't do it that way. You'll never make a dime."
I was there.
I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids.
I played it at CBGB's.
Everybody thought I was crazy.
We all know.
I was there.
I was there.
I've never been wrong.

I used to work in the record store.
I had everything before anyone.
I was there in the Paradise Garage DJ booth with Larry Levan.
I was there in Jamaica during the great sound clashes.
I woke up naked on the beach in Ibiza in 1988.

But I'm losing my edge to better-looking people with better ideas and more talent.
And they're actually really, really nice.

I'm losing my edge.

I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of every Niagra record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another box set from the '70s.

I hear you're buying a synthesizer and an arpeggiator and are throwing your computer out the window because you want to make something real. You want to make a Yaz record.

I hear that you and your band have sold your guitars and bought turntables.
I hear that you and your band have sold your turntables and bought guitars.

I hear everybody that you know is more relevant than everybody that I know.

But have you seen my records? This Heat, Pere Ubu, Outsiders, Nation of Ulysses, Mars, The Trojans, The Black Dice, Todd Terry, the Germs, Section 25, Althea and Donna, Sexual Harrassment, a-ha, Pere Ubu, Dorothy Ashby, PIL, the Fania All-Stars, the Bar-Kays, the Human League, the Normal, Lou Reed, Scott Walker, Monks, Niagra,

Joy Division, Lower 48, the Association, Sun Ra,
Scientists, Royal Trux, 10cc,

Eric B. and Rakim, Index, Basic Channel, Soulsonic Force ("just hit me"!), Juan Atkins, David Axelrod, Electric Prunes, Gil! Scott! Heron!, the Slits, Faust, Mantronix, Pharaoh Sanders and the Fire Engines, the Swans, the Soft Cell, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics.

You don't know what you really want. (x15)

YESSSS!! and we all used to go to the same under 16's discos and each group would sit in the middle of the dance floor and protest whilst the other groups songs got played. God bless Oscar's, Christophers American, Lye Police disco etc etc.... :lol:

I used to sit on the fence and still do. I love dance music and agree with Tristan about the 'hairs on the back of your neck' thing but I've had the same experience many times over at rock gigs, one of which being an awesome U2 gig at Earls Court

Although yes I have to agree that Bono is a hypocritical knob cheese.

Back