Giles Coren fires off email

Fabulous!

One of my pet peeves is when you make a very carefully-worded statement to the press, and either the journalist or some idiot editor changes the wording. Drives me mad. I feel Giles' pain!

Flatulent!

One of my pet penguins is wet. When you make a very carefully-worded statement to the press, and either the journalist or some idiot editor changes the wording. Drives me mad with sexual frustration. I feel my Piles, I am in pain!

Not the first time...lol

Sent: 10 August 2002 16:41
To: James, Anita
Cc: Wells, Dominic
Subject:
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. how ****ing difficult is that? it's the sentence that bestrides the ****ing book i reviewed for you. it is the sentence i wrote first in my ****ing review. it is 35 ****ing letters long, which is why i wrote that it was. and so some useless **** sub-editor decides to change it to "jumps over A lazy dog" can you ****ing count? can you see that that makes it a 33 letter sentence? so it looks as if i can't count, and the ****ing author of the book, poor mr dunn, cannot count. the whole bastard book turns on the sentence being as i ****ing wrote it. and that it is exactly 33 letters long. why do you meddle. what do you think you achieve with that kind of dumb-witted smart-arsery? why do you change things you do not understand without consulting. why do you believe you know best when you know **** all. jack ****.
that is as bad as editing can be. ****, i hope you're proud. it will be small relief for the author that nobody reads your poxy magazine.
never ever ask me to write something for you. and don't pay me. i'd rather take £400 quid for assassinating a crack whore's only child in a revenge killing for a busted drug deal - my integrity would be less compromised.
jesus ****ing wept i don't know what else to say.

Fabulous!

One of my pet peeves is when you make a very carefully-worded statement to the press, and either the journalist or some idiot editor changes the wording. Drives me mad. I feel Giles' pain!

I think you're living in the wrong country to be moaning about censorship of the press Johnny!

I think you're living in the wrong country to be moaning about censorship of the press Johnny!

Well, that's getting off on an entirely different issue now, JJ, but I'll say this: One of the things that drove the current situation in Russia is the free press free-for-all that happened in the 1990s. Putin's crackdown was a reaction to a press gone amuck.

The more I see how the UK press is nowadays (just the sheer amount of lies, inaccuracies, personal attacks, invasions of people's privacy, biased reporting, etc.), the less I worry about censorship here.

Sure, it's hard to swallow with our Western values. I'm instinctively very much in favor of freedom of speech. But at the same time, if people can't use their freedom responsibly then maybe you've got to put some limits on it.

Freedom of speech is one thing, publishing Max Mosely having his arris slapped by an old barn door is hardly in the general public's interest.

I am all for groundbreaking exclusives but Max Mosely's nocturnal activities is not what I call headline or interesting news. They have only got to go round all the top QCs and old bill, they are all it and have been for years!

so are you trying to say you don't actually have piles then??

:lol::lol::lol: It's as if as soon as something's written down and placed in the public domain, it automatically becomes fact. :lol::lol: (My "very close source" on Morbyd, tells me he's had piles for years.)

:eek: A case of the Chalfonts??

No denial from Morbyd - i'd read into that whatever you think that means.

The story won't go away, the forum members have a right to know if Morbyd is in pain when he sits down to write his posts. How can we trust what someone's posts on here if that very same person is angrily balancing over his laptop, scared to sit down in case he scuffs his grapes?!!

:lol::lol::lol: It's as if as soon as something's written down and placed in the public domain, it automatically becomes fact. :lol::lol: (My "very close source" on Morbyd, tells me he's had piles for years.)

Consider this a denial! :lol:

But now it's out there! It'll take years for the rumors to go away. Numerous other information sources will copy and paste the information without even checking its veracity. I am forever tarnished!

Consider this a denial! :lol:

But now it's out there! It'll take years for the rumors to go away. Numerous other information sources will copy and paste the information without even checking its veracity. I am forever tarnished!

John Morbyd: An Apology

On the 29th July 2008 I ran a story which insinuated that the above named individual suffers from, or had previously suffered from, haemorrhoids. I fully accept that this is not the case and unreservedly apologise for the distress this has caused Mr Morbyd and his family.

Printed in small type on page 54 I'm sure...
And the original article still available on various news search engines! :lol:

Back