getting a car, where to go??!!

scoobynewby

hi every1

Going to ibiza in August for 7th time this year YEY!

This time i am hiring a car for the first time for only 3 days.

Anyone recomend any places to visit?
We plan on going to Salinas beach one day.

thanks

I’ve driven all the roads in Ibiza. And some of the clues I have found are:

A good and up to date map. Some of the maps are a bit different to reality.

The road up Puig de Telaia comes to a dead end and it’s a long reverse back with a cliff to your right

Don’t tonk it up the hill to the church in Sant Miquel otherwise you might end up in the church

The road to sa Talaissa (radio mountain) is a track but there are some good views from the top.

The above 3 are all very good viewing points.

Drive as far as u can from the mainland (just make sure not to fall into the sea ;) ).

Visit the mountains area, u'll love it!

WOul dhave really liked to have hired a car for the day ... but Mike wont :( Says he doesn't fancy driving on the island ... :(

i can't help noticing i-g that you've recommended this car hire company to all and sundry but as yet all you've done is reserve the car ( correct me if i'm wrong) so how do you know what the service is like?
condition of car, customer service, punctuality, 24 hour recovery etc etc?

just a thought - it's a bit like making assumptions about beaches, bars, restuarants you've not actually been to isn't it?

Dear Stephen

My friends, another couple who went there last year rented a vehicle thru them last year and were VERY satisfied. Also I have neverm entioned anything else that liking the prices and recieving a reservation form wuickly, altho I somewhere on these pages earlier stated I was wondering what took them so long (obviously I had made a mistake filling out the form :oops: ) I THINK IT IS COMPLETELY OK to recommend a carhire company based on the great prices you get.

Have you checked out the prices yourself?

sorry i-g i didn't realise that you had second hand knowledge of this company. i thought you were just making your recommendations based on one factor - price.
i once booked a cheap car and then got absolutely scalped on petrol charges etc in a car that wasn't that clever. i'd have made a right fool of myself if i'd told all my friends to book with them just based on price.

i don't need to mention the name of the hire company becuase it no longer exists.

id def recommed Benirras a visit, i thought there and the surrounding areas were beautifull.

zaax said:
I’ve driven all the roads in Ibiza. And some of the clues I have found are:

A good and up to date map. Some of the maps are a bit different to reality.

The road up Puig de Telaia comes to a dead end and it’s a long reverse back with a cliff to your right

Don’t tonk it up the hill to the church in Sant Miquel otherwise you might end up in the church

The road to sa Talaissa (radio mountain) is a track but there are some good views from the top.

The above 3 are all very good viewing points.

2 tips more:
:arrow: If you want to visit the hippy market in Es Canà (Northeast), go early in the morning or you will get stuck in a big traffic jam. I think it's only on Wednesday, am I right?

:arrow: All the island is beautiful, but the high cliffs in the Southwest facing Es Vedrà and their coves is probably the most gorgeous side (alongside the Northern shore) and is a must-do.

HMM
Sounds like i should have hired the car for a few more days.

those beaches and view points sound like they are worth a visit.

I am staying in San An just next to coastline how far is it to those places??
am not even sure how many miles across the island is? any one any ideas??

:?:

you schould get a car, the surroundings of Ibiza can be very steep and there are a llot of hills, valleys, ect.......you schould get a car and drive out and see something else besides the infamous san an ;)

Es Vedrà, Atlantis, Cala d'Hort,... this gorgeous side is very near San Antonio. Just a few kms South from it.

Back