Get in.....

Deano1974

......well, well, well, a joyous night of football for United. Good, fair, enjoyable game, probably the best I've seen these two play against each other in a long while.

On reflection we did get out of jail a couple of times but we should have been 3 up at the break, all credit to Chelsea in there manner and approach to the game however Drogba is a numpty...:lol:...!

Penalties are never a good way to decide a tie but when teams cancel each other out like last night its the only way, I do feel for Chelsea fans but at the same time I'm like a pig in **** today :lol::lol:!

A couple of personal thanks.

JT - Without you it could have been completely different :lol:

Anelka - :lol:

Absolutely wonderful match.

Good build-up at the Chelsea party in Tinkoff brewery pub. Nice walk along the river to the stadium.

Took our seats with friends all around us (visitors and locals). Packed stadium. Blue end and red end in full voice (although a bit quieter in the better seats around the side). Chelsea fans with their flags. Man U fans with their "Believe" cards. Beautiful.

First half - Bit my nails off as Man U completely dominated. Best players on the pitch: Ronaldo and Petr Cech. Ronaldo vs. Essien was an epic battle that the latter had no chance of winning. United could easily have been 2 or 3 goals up.

Second half - Chelsea were the better team. By the end of the match, something like 24 attempts on goal to Man U's 12, almost all of them from clear chances in the 2nd half.... but only 3 shots on target! (according to the big screens in the stadium). Woodwork twice, several shots just wide or high... unlucky! Best player on the pitch: Makalele. Rose to the occasion. Totally dealt with the threat of Tevez (who was Man U's best player 2nd half). Really funny watching the two midgets run around each other, especially whenever the giant Cech was nearby :lol:

The penalty shootout was exhausting to watch. Gutted for John Terry. If not for that slip, the trophy would be in London.

Fair play to Man U. It was exactly as evenly matched as everyone expected. Nothing between these two teams... so looking forward to the battle royale next season!

Oh, and yes, I hope Drogba goes through with his threat to leave. Had about enough!

[ Totally dealt with the threat of Tevez (who was Man U's best player 2nd half). Really funny watching the two midgets run around each other, especially whenever the giant Cech was nearby :lol:

Oh, and yes, I hope Drogba goes through with his threat to leave. Had about enough![/quote]

Thought Tevez was awesome! Workrate is fantastic.

My Chelsea mate said he'd give him a piggy back out of there! Drogba is a complete w@nker!

Excellent game - pure drama till the very end. I didn't even bother slaughtering my Chelsea mates after for losing as overall they deserved it I though and took part in a magnificient game that they never really lost as such.

You know a game is evenly matched when even penalties go beyond regulation :lol:

Just saw a photo of Terry's miss confirming what I thought I'd seen in the stadium: Van der Sar had gone the wrong way (again!). How close we were!

Forgot to mention, the afterparty was a very subdued affair :lol:

Didn't really appreciate Alex Ferguson's ''We deserved to win'' comment after the game.
I think they were extremely lucky.
Very good game though.
We were in the Sports Bar in Playa den Bossa... a lot of good hearted banter between the 2 sets of fans.

Good game. Was gutted to see Man Utd victorious. Supposed to be a neutral but I cant stand Ronaldo.

One thing which I dont understand is putting Essien right back. What a waste, surely you can rely on Belleti or Ferreira to do a decent job? Going forward Essien was such a threat. He's too good a midfielder to put him out of position, even if your rightbacks are dodgy!

Shame to see Joe Cole hit such bad form too, I think he makes a massive difference when he's playing well.

Now for the real footy tournament in 2 weeks... Bring on Austria and Switzerland!!! 8)

wasnt in yesterday, so couldnt post.

An amazing game, more twists & turns than a man city season!!

Rags could/should have been 3.0 up at half time, but chelsea got back into it, then completely bossed the 2nd half and only for the woodwork could have won 3.1..........!

then in ET giggs could have finished it. But then the rags won the lottery and took the cup!

so congrats to all the "proper" (ie ones you can have a sensible footballing conversation with, you know who you are) rags on here and to all the proper (ie living in glasgow) celtic fans too!!! ;)

Back