Ricky Morrison
Funkie P

Room 3:
Garage City Classic VIP Room:
Jeremy Newall
Chris Williams
Clemy Riley
Craig Bartlett

On Saturday 19th August, we are very, very proud to announce our 15th Anniversary party, which is being held at Turnmills. To celebrate in fine style, making his debut appearance to Garage City, we have booked the one and only, the Godfather of House, DJ FRANKIE KNUCKLES who will be headlining Room 1 with full support from the founders of Garage City Bobby & Steve, plus Chrissy T and a live PA from Zoo Groove Stereo recording artiste and Beverly Knight’s backing singer, Bryan Chambers.

Headlining Room 2 is the legendary Norman Jay with full support from some of London’s most respected house DJs – Paul Trouble Anderson, Ricky Morrison & Garage City resident, Funkie P. Meanwhile, in the VIP Classic Room you can expect to hear all the hits from back in the day, alongside some disco classics spun by Jeremy Newall, Craig Bartlett, Chris Williams & Clemy Reily.

We’re very proud that Garage City was one of the first parties in the UK to provide a platform for some of the world’s best DJs and singers to showcase their talent. Danny Tenaglia, Roger Sanchez, Murk, Louie Vega, Kenny Dope, BeBe Winans, Ten City, Tony Humphries, Adeva, Robert Owens, Ricky Morrison, Terry Hunter, CJ Mackintosh, India, Paul Trouble Anderson – this is just a snippet of the calibre of talent that has sprinkled some magic in the last 15 years at Garage City.

The true meaning of Garage City has always been about the vibe and the feeling. It’s a family affair that has grown with love and respect for one another, from the dancers to the DJs past and present – coming together each week to celebrate that unique feeling.

From the bottom of our hearts we’d like to thank everyone who has danced or played at one of our Garage City parties.

I'd like to go, but I'll be otherwise engaged shoving sharp sticks in my eyes....

Last edited by a moderator:
DJNC said:
I'd like to go, but I'll be otherwise engaged shoving sharp sticks in my eyes....

Glad YOU said it :lol: . Lets just say its not my ideal line up either.

And before the usuals butt in, yes, im having another beginers lesson next week.;)

I remember Garage City from back in the day when it was all about "House and Garage". I never went though, as I was about 10 at the time :eek:

I'd definately go to this if I was free that night:evil:

Ferd said:
Glad YOU said it :lol: . Lets just say its not my ideal line up either.

And before the usuals butt in, yes, im having another beginers lesson next week.;)

I wasn't going to say a word Ferd :lol: :lol:

Beckiboo said:
I remember Garage City from back in the day when it was all about "House and Garage". I never went though, as I was about 10 at the time :eek:

I'd definately go to this if I was free that night:evil:

One of my first clubbing experiences was dancing to "Closer than Close" (cant remember who by), I think that night put me off garage for life.

Kang, dont lie :lol:

Ferd said:
One of my first clubbing experiences was dancing to "Closer than Close" (cant remember who by), I think that night put me off garage for life.

Rosie Gains, me thinks.....

Wont get any Electro tunes in there that night, thats for sure!

Ferd said:

I aint that bad :lol:

Yep no cheesy, run of the mill, boring, predictable, electro house (bandwagon music) that everyone seems to be playing these days.

Alan Parry said:
Yep no cheesy, run of the mill, boring, predictable, electro house (bandwagon music) that everyone seems to be playing these days.

Not sure if cheese can be attached to Electro.....

grego said:
surely a health and safety risk, no? :confused:

It really is getting worse and worse Grego :lol:

Concerning electro v soulful house debate, i think everyone has their preference, I find electro much better to dance to and energetic than U.S house, but thats just my taste, there are others here who probably feel differently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferd said:
It really is getting worse and worse Grego :lol:

Concerning electro v soulful house debate, i think everyone has their preference, I find electro much better to dance to and energetic than U.S house, but thats just my taste, there are others here who probably feel differently.

its cos you've got no soul ferd..........:p :p

Back