GameOver Zeus Virus

diver

I have spent a lot of the morning scanning the laptop with numerous anti-virus on the net.

I'm running AVG free mainly, hopefully this would pick it up?

I have had a lot of those email spoof zip files ovet the past few months but now changed the settings so windows mail does not fetch the already sorted spam !!!!

Anyone else been arsed by the news last night about it?

^ morbs, you are into computers 'n' stuff, whats your take on it all?
Did you have virus software installed before?
It's one of the first things I install when I get a new computer.
Windows 8 has built-in virus protection. Should be OK. Of course, it doesn't hurt to scan with 3rd-party software.
For my Win7 machines, I use Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, updated regularly, and has a lot of resources behind it.

Did you have virus software installed before?
It's one of the first things I install when I get a new computer.
Windows 8 has built-in virus protection. Should be OK. Of course, it doesn't hurt to scan with 3rd-party software.
For my Win7 machines, I use Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, updated regularly, and has a lot of resources behind it.

I have AVG free installed on Win7, it blocked a few over the past couple of months but now my Windows Mail doesnt fetch my Skyemail spam there are none of the zip files coming through.

It was just a belt and braces thing really, it was headline news over here on Monday, must have been a slow news day!

As I understand it, you had to have opened an infected file (one format was PDF, forgot the other but I think it was one you wouldn't open normally anyway). As long as you kept Acrobat up to date it wouldn't have been a problem anyway.

Back