Funny question about sunset

scarletjim

Seems a strange question, but what time does the sun set in Ibiza mid-June? How long does it take?

Everyone always says one of the most impostant things to do in Ibiza is to watch a sun set. We are in Ibiza for 2 weeks, 11th-18th June San An, 18-25th June in PDBossa. Presumably we will watch the sun set one night in the first week - what time do you settle down to do this? How long does it take, is it worth planning other things to do later or do people just stay there all evening? (By 'there' I am assuming people go to the bars on the seafront?)

Sorry if it's a bit of a dumb question. :oops:

Just get down to the sunset bars if your in San An , you can go to either Mambo or Cafe del Mar or go round the corner to the likes of kanya etc. It doesn't take long to go down , get your self a drink , enjoy then go and have a bite to eat, drink whatever. As for times , the BBC is saying Sunset is currently 21.08 Hrs so use that as a rough guide or check before you go.

Firstly, not a dumb question at all.

The sun goes down a little after 9:30 in mid-June. I'd get settled into a nice spot an hour or more beforehand. Get yourselves some drinks and such.

Some people stick around afterwards and switch into pre-party mode, others go home to get ready for the night ahead. Kind of up to you, and depends on if you've just popped over from a day at the beach or are already cleaned up and ready for your night out.

Some of the sunset bars host official pre-parties with big-name DJs a little later on so sometimes it pays to stick around.

Cheers for your help everyone (maybe I'll learn to use the search facility next time :oops::lol:).

The timing sounds perfect - early dinner in our hotel, aim for Cafe Del Mar area by about 8.30, spend a couple of hours there, maybe more, then head into town. Sounds like a perfect evening, can't wait. :D

It still amazes me how fast it goes down then it get's pitch dark in a matter of 15mins. Don't worry if you miss it one night- you'll have plenty of other nights to catch it!

Definitely a must when you are in Ibiza, my first sunset there was back in 2006, I wasnt expecting it to be as amazing as it was, they played the Verve 'Bittersweet Symphony' as the sun went down.

Truely a moment to remember.

i went down on one knee and proposed to my girlfriend :)..now fiancee when the sun was half set back in 2003 .... in front of hundreds as well :oops:

glad she said yes as i took her totally by surprise .... :D

cant wait to have a drink at that very spot this year at Mambo ;)

i went down on one knee and proposed to my girlfriend :)..now fiancee when the sun was half set back in 2003 .... in front of hundreds as well :oops:

Did everyone cheer after? :p

Clap the proposing gentleman/woman

but please don't clap the actual sunset

no one applauds the thunderstorms do they? :D

That was 2003! It's now 2008 and she's still your fiancee! (ie. not married yet)
Well done, you've beat me, we've been engaged about 18 months and it'll be next year before it gets sorted. Hopefully, if we get round to doing something about it :lol:
Cheers for your post, next time someone starts moaning about us taking ages to set a date, I'll point them to this forum!

That was 2003! It's now 2008 and she's still your fiancee! (ie. not married yet)
Well done, you've beat me, we've been engaged about 18 months and it'll be next year before it gets sorted. Hopefully, if we get round to doing something about it :lol:
Cheers for your post, next time someone starts moaning about us taking ages to set a date, I'll point them to this forum!

:lol:yeah we had other priorities like travelling and stuff the last couple of years .....
getting married next year in Paphos, Cyprus ..... after 13 years together :eek:;)

Back