Formula One - 2012 Season

I'm not sure I'd call myself a fan but I do follow it. I think it's shaping up to be one of the most interesting and exciting F1 seasons for a long, long time. The two Maclaren drivers will always do well even if the car (or the pit crew) isn't the best, unlike Vettel who looks like he's going to be another Damon Hill (competent and able to win when he has the best car otherwise sort of ordinary). The Mercedes looks like it's going to be the best car this season but it remains to be seen if the drivers they have can get the best out of it. Schumacher should have stayed retired. I wish Lotus were doing better as I have a mate who works for them and showed us round their Oxfordshire base so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. I also think that they should have cancelled this weekend's race- it only takes one fanatical protestor to run onto the track and it'll be carnage:evil:

Yep, avid watcher of F1 and pleasantly surprised by the season so far.

Never been a Schumacher fan but part of me would like to see him get another win.

Some of the racing is a little false (DRS, deliberately short life tyres etc.) but just as the Shanghai race looked like it was goint to turn into a procession, it was probably one of the best "racing" weekends for a long time.

(Button for the title btw ;) )

:)

This is the first season where I've actually watched qualifying and races. I normally watch every 5th or so race, tried to get in to it the last couple of years but it just never happened.

This year, however, I'm doing well. I think Schumacher has the potential to win a race. He's not been stupid from what I've seen, he's got a great car behind him too. he's not finished two races, but neither of those were his fault. And finishing 10th was due to a collision as well, wasn't it? Think there is some life in the old dog yet!

I'm kind of hoping it's not a one horse race like last year (Which is why I struggled so much to get in to it I think). It really does feel like, bar the 'new' teams, anyone can go for top 10.

(Hamilton for the title btw ;) )

loving it loving it LOVING it!!!

Button for me this season so far - but would love to see Webber get down and dirty and start to get some wins in...

apart from BBC coverage - absolutely dire!!! must get it on Sky

loving it loving it LOVING it!!!

Button for me this season so far - but would love to see Webber get down and dirty and start to get some wins in...

apart from BBC coverage - absolutely dire!!! must get it on Sky

Dire because they aren't showing the races, or dire because the presents / commentators aren't great?

Coulthard can't say a sentence without the word "interesting" in it. James Allen is a twat and the Norn Iron guy from the pits gets on my tits.

Abu Dhabi Sports is the channel over here that shows the races etc. but it uses the global F1 feed which is provided by the BBC.

I lasted about 10 minutes into Melbourne Quali before switching to the Sky coverage over t'internet and haven't looked back.

I'd rather watch the Sky coverage whilst kneeling on lego than watch the BBC coverage..

Aye likewise, the BBC's coverage just feels more personable, Sky's is rigid (but I suppose that'll relax a bit when Lazenby and Hill get used to it a bit more). Can't stand Thompson and Davidson's SKYPAD segments though.

The F1 Forum on BBC is great today though, randomly running into Brundle and him tryin to run off camera.

Disappointed by Bahrain race. The McLarens were just not on form, and the team seriously has to sort it's pit stops out. They've cost both Button and Hamilton a shot at 1st Position now.

Good result for Lotus though, finally saw those cars triumph.

Each to their own I guess.

I always felt Coulthard looked like he was doing us a favour with his vast experience of F1 and Eddie Jordan is like the embarrasing "Uncle Knobhead" at a family wedding.

Sky picked the best bits out of the BBC (who did the same from ITV) then took it up a level.

Oh and they have that Nathalie Pinkham. I would happily drink her used bathwater ;)

nat-pinkham_2170134b.jpg

12081-1.jpg

See I was inclined to agree with you. When she was pitlane for 5 live she sounded like she had something about her, then saw her on Sky and thought she was a right sort.

But.

article-0-12124EB6000005DC-382_634x379.jpg

THEM FEET.

So at the half way point of the season, what do we think?

I think the driver of the year has actually been Paul De Resta. Has not put a foot wrong and got the best out of the car. Is a proper team player and exceptional at the PR stuff out of the car. Little wonder Ferrari are sniffing around.

The sky coverage is atrocious, unbelievably biased. Damon Hill is ridiculous on it and I have to turn off I am afraid.

Hopefully this upgrade package for McLaren will keep them competitive from this point on.
Appalling few races from the team.

Alonso seems to be pretty spot on this season as well. Agree with the comment about Paul too.

Back