Formentera day trip?

MARKB

I'm in ibiza for two days in mid july and will be spending a day on Formentera.

I'm getting the Ferry from Ibiza Town Port whcih atkes me to the main port on Formentera, La Savina?.

Last time i got a ferry there, a few years back, it dropped me off on a beach (not sure which one, but was very nice).

From La Savina, where/what would people recommend I go / do / see to get the most out of my day trip to the island?

Thanks guys

the ferry is no longer allowed to drop people off at the beach - that was really special wading to the beach :)

i'd rent either a bike or moped (if the latter, be careful as there is lots of moisture and salt on the roads = very slippy - not to mention loads of wannabe valentino rossis lol) and make sure you check out:

es pujols
gorgeous beach and lovely little cafes to snack or eat. to the left of es pujols beach, just over the hill is the back side of ses illetes beach. walking up only a few 100 metres will guarantee you a bay for yourself.

ses illetes
i'd make this your last port of call, as it's on the way back to the harbour (la savina). leave the bike at the entrance and walk up. if you have the energy, walk right up to the end - about 40 mins. then you can bathe in the gap between the islands formentera and es palmador - seriously the lushest cleanest water you will ever see - chest deep, little white caps, soft sand - just unbelievable.

migjorn beach
i prefer other beaches to playa migjorn myself, but i know many who swear by it. there is a little wooden shack fish restaurant at the northern end of that beach which serves as good and simple a fish as you'll ever eat - might be a good place for lunch?

formentera is absolutely amazing - you'll have a wicked time

Also, depending on how much beach time you want, you can ride up to the lighthouse Far de la Mola. Great views from there and you'll pass through the quaint towns of San Francisco, Calo de Sant Agosti, and Es Pilar on the way. And there's the old windmill in Es Pilar.

Also, depending on how much beach time you want, you can ride up to the lighthouse Far de la Mola. Great views from there and you'll pass through the quaint towns of San Francisco, Calo de Sant Agosti, and Es Pilar on the way. And there's the old windmill in Es Pilar.

Now that actually excites me more now than clubbing for 2 weeks :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good effort for the tips, I'm on about doing this in August :)

How do driving laws work in Spain with regards hiring a moped? I'm 25 and have held a UK (car only) licence for over 5 years. Am I okay to hire a moped of 100/125cc or can I only ride 50cc only?

When we go in October I am absolutely definately going to get to Formentera this time, after 13 times going to Ibiza we still havent made it! :oops: how long do you 'need' to spend there, are we talking a good day out or can you see enough in say about 4-5 hours?

How do driving laws work in Spain with regards hiring a moped? I'm 25 and have held a UK (car only) licence for over 5 years. Am I okay to hire a moped of 100/125cc or can I only ride 50cc only?

You'll be fine to hire a 125cc - I don't have a motorcycle licence and got one no problem with just a regular UK licence.

the backside of ses illetes beach

... steady on :eek: :p :spank:

When we go in October I am absolutely definately going to get to Formentera this time, after 13 times going to Ibiza we still havent made it! :oops: how long do you 'need' to spend there, are we talking a good day out or can you see enough in say about 4-5 hours?

You sound like me!!! After 13 years of going to Ibiza, I have never been to San An/WestEnd for a night out!!! I would say a day is enough in Formentara. Get a ferry over about 10 in the morning and back at 5ish. More then enough time! Enjoy, its beautiful there.

Back