Forbes Top Ten Highest Earning DJ's

They should stop calling these people 'DJs'. I can see 6 guys on that list that have been accused of hands free dj'ing in the past

Brilliant write up James - so funny, especially the Steve Aoki secition :lol:8)

While none of them are to my taste there is a bit of respect there for the success they are having - but keep it out of my way ;-)

I'm a big fan of Kaskades productions, don't know about his DJ skills, never seen him live. Same with Avicii who I recently discovered and think his productions are ok.

I should also say that Tiesto was awesome until about a decade ago or so...

The rest of them can take a nap in a giant blender where they will be made into a better mix than any of them has ever done on a pais of SLs.

i think the list is pretty spot on if you are just looking purely at what the top djs will make in 2012.

Kaskade's show last friday here in LA grossed prob $750,000 and adding in his San Fran show the next night he easily grossed $1mm+ last weekend.

Tiesto will do over $1mm at a show in Oct at the same venue Kaskade just played last friday.

Surprised Skrillex is ahead of Guetta and Mau5. Aoki - don't really know what he's about, seems like he's one of these mickey mouse DJ's from what I gather. I presume this Pauly D fella has come from some U.S reality show. Laughable really.

i think the list is pretty spot on if you are just looking purely at what the top djs will make in 2012.

Kaskade's show last friday here in LA grossed prob $750,000 and adding in his San Fran show the next night he easily grossed $1mm+ last weekend.

Tiesto will do over $1mm at a show in Oct at the same venue Kaskade just played last friday.

Kaskade is just going down in my opinion :spank:

Aoki has a gig almost every night, sometimes even two.
Always seems to be touring so if he puts the effort in its no surprise he's earning a lot.

I do find it odd though that the likes of Carl Cox, Armin Vab Buuren etc aren't on the list. I guess it's all hugely down to the commercial side - chart releases etc.

I would love to see a list from the DJ's a lot of us would deem cooler. If anyone stumbles across one, or is an accountant and can do one for me, please let me know!

When was the last time Coxy brought out a track / did a remix?

I think Armin should be on there as its ASOT 550 shows around the world will have brought in loads.

Back