Footwear in clubs?

Lotty71

Hey peeps!!!

I've been reading posts about what people wear in clubs but what about footwear?

people say flips flops? but you get glass in your feet and no high heels because they'll kill your feet?

So What shoes are best?
Can you wear trainers? or do the clubs not allow it like in the UK?
My partner wears K-Swiss trainers so they're quite smart will they allow them for him he's not a flip flop person :rolleyes:

What about those ballerina pumps thingys for girls flat but covers the toes?

What about flip flops that have are higher of the ground by like 2 inches?

Any help would be great!

I always wear flip flops/gladiators and have never got glass in my feet, but wear whatever you feel comfortable in - anything goes ;)

I wore flip flops in Space for the last 2 years, no glass but after 14 hours my feet were nailed! The lack of support made my feet feel like they were on fire!

Go for comfort above all!!

let's be honest your in the best place in the world punchin the sun to huge anthems who gives a rats crack whats on your feet?

I always wear flip flops/gladiators and have never got glass in my feet, but wear whatever you feel comfortable in - anything goes ;)

gladiators! :lol::lol:

never thought i´d hear that word describing anything to do with you!;)

i always were these but in black with a grey stripe. They are Adidas jawpaws. i think they are meant to be water shoes but they are perfect for clubbing and ive had a pair for the last 6 years!
31103767-177x150-0-0_.jpg

I always have heels on - cant walk/dance in anything else......

in flats I feel like I should be on the start of The Bill when you see the flat footed female copper's legs and feets walking down the street....

urgh *shudders!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I even managed to get some "gladiators" with a heel/wedge type thing going on.... :lol::lol::lol:

I have been to space etc for the last three years in flip flops with no problems at all.

Just make sure their comfy ones and not those that look nice but kill in between your toes!

Gota love wearing flip-flops on the dancefloor, next best thing to dancing in bare feet :p.

If you're going to wear flip-flops you should be more concerned about stilleto heals spearing the tops of your feet than broken glass. What a horrible thought.

On the subject of flip-flops ...

I've got a pair that are perfect for dancing in. They have a mish-mash of thin strands of rubber that always let air under the soles of your feet, thus they don't get nearly as sweaty (and smelly) as other flip-flops that I've had. They have double plugs too, so the strappy bit doesn't get ripped out of the sole when somebody stands on the back of your flip-flop and you lift your foot. They last forever, I've been wearing mine since biblical times.

Sanuk make them. Check em out, they're great.

ps, I don't work for Sanuk

Its all about micropacers!

images

look amazing (well i think so - 3 pairs and counting!) and you can count how many steps you take on the dance floor!

I'm worried about what clubs you go to over here ;) 8)

Most clubs over here will not allow trainers unless smart, and football shirts are a BIG NO NO.

The only time i've managed to wear trainers are the Rave nights when my fluffies cover them!:)

Hmmm flip flops.....people treading on feet......coming away with a flip flip broken because someone stood on the back!?

They don't sound ideal!

... so the strappy bit doesn't get ripped out of the sole
when somebody stands on the back of your flip-flop
and you lift your foot ...
... oh yes ... this sucks very badly,
especially when "the strappy bit" is torn out and can´t be fixed anymore ...
:)

An excellent question and something I have deliberated on for some time...

Lotty, I can definately help here as I have thought hearcd about my footwear choices for ibiza this year. I will be taking a selection of footwear, you need to alternate each night really to give your heels, ankles, toes etc a bit of a break. A glam pair of killer heels one night and then some comfy (but sexy) flip flops the next, flip flops in fact leave you feet in almost as much agony at the end of the night as high heels as I find it kills your calf muscles dancing on super flat feet all night. A little heel is a good option. I have an amazing pair of 4" heels from faith this year that have cushioned soles so will be a dream to dance till dawn in (hopefully!). I have had a little glass cut my toes in flip flops but hardly a serious injury but I have to say I do feel slightly "safer" in crowds with heels on. Those that think your in ibiza partying and so "who cares what's on your feet" are probably not the most stylish of clubbers, its not just about the music! x

Back