Fly Ibiza: Red Bull

Been to this event in Tampa before, and it is awesome....nothing better than watching some of the worst conceived flying machines fall 2 feet from the ramp and plunge nose first into the ocean.

It's not called "flying competition". It's called the Red Bull Flugtag!

I went to one in Moscow last summer and 3 yrs ago. Loads of fun!
(assisted by the fact that a friend got us into the Red Bull area with free food and booze :lol:)

... I want to enter but cant see the entry form.
It says on this link http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite...-del-Red-Bull-Dia-de-las-Alas-021243210738017
that the entry form is on this page, am i being stupid as i cant see it?

"...
To be part of this crazy adventure as a participant or spectator,
please follow these steps:

First, if you just want to be a pilot of the Red Bull Wings Day,
just send us a sketch of your flying machine by the official entry form,
until May 20, by email to

redbulldiadelasalas@es.redbull.com.

From all entries received, we will choose the top 100. Selected teams will appear on this website from 4 to June 10. During that period the public can vote for your favorite team. The 5 teams with the most votes will be ranked directly to participate in the Red Bull Wings Day in Ibiza. The other 30 teams will come out of the 95 that remain and be elected by a specialized committee with Red Bull. Be evaluated for originality, creativity and personality. Selected teams will be notified from 11 June.
If you have met the requirements of folly and recklessness we seek and have been fortunate to be one of those selected from 11 June to 6 September, will be the period where your creative abilities and mechanics must be reflected in your flying machine.
On September 8 will be the big day. At 11:00 h there will be the technical inspection, an overhaul of the 35 flying machines in order to ensure an unparalleled off. Also participating but you will be the ideal time for you to look closely at these flying creatures.
If, finally, has not been one of the selected or just want to have a fun time without limits, we would love your energy in our audience, having you as a spectator at 17:00 h at the port of Ibiza. Will be time to demonstrate the capabilities and aerial show by the winners.
The satisfaction of being chosen as a team participant and is a great honor, even if your flight is brilliant, you can receive some additional prizes:
1. Journey to the Red Bull Wings Day in Rio de Janeiro for the whole team (September 2012).
2. Introductory course to gliding for the whole team.
3. Paragliding course for the whole team.

..."

Sending it by the official entry form makes me think there was something that is required to e completed.

So it's just a case of sending the sketch?

Sending it by the official entry form makes me think
there was something that is required to e completed ...
yes, think i saw something like an "entry form" for the same **** some weeks earlier
in germany, but now gone/closed, because they have already more than 1000 teams
who wanted to participate ...
http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/de_DE/Article/Anmeldung-geschlossen-021243172612604
would be chaos without an entry-form but can´t find one for the ibiza-event :x

fly red bull

Does anyone know what time this is meant to start on the 8th September, couldnt see the time on the events page, thanks x

thanks for putting my post in the right place, I guess its meant to start about 5pm then, thats good, we land in Ibiza at about 2am Saturday morning,and by the time we get to hotel check in,get some sleep,(we,ll need sleep we,re both working on the Fri till 4pm,) we can have a nice lie in,then get a shower and head over to Ibiza for lunch, and then watch the show,
where exactly is this, when you get off the bus in Ibiza bus station,and walk straight down to the port,where do you go from there,thanks

it´s beyond me how anybody (let´s say older than 14 years) can be interested
in watching some fools in ****ing cardboard boxes falling from the waterside
into the water :confused: ;)

I'm older than 14 but think it looks like a good laugh and will probably head to see it!

Sometimes it's just nice to do something a bit different!

Back