flower power

stephen

Staff member
it's the annual flower power party in san jose today. here are some photos of the preparations

56638782-f04c-02000180-.jpg

the square
56638777-9d95-01800200-.jpg

and the designer/artist Sola

56638772-7738-01800200-.jpg

i think it's going to be fun!

it's san jose day on 19th. we have an article about it in the local news section of ibiza.

flower power happens in and around all the bars in the village with live music outside the church

flower power is 8) 8) 8) 8) .

and for me the pacha parties are the the pefect tonic to the abundance of dance music throughout the summer:D

stephen said:
it's san jose day on 19th. we have an article about it in the local news section of ibiza.
:lol:
That was the only one of the 5 March articles in Local News I hadn't read :lol:

I always associated the phrase "flower power" with hippies, but it doesn't sound like a very hippy-like celebration. More a good bit of local flavor.

I'll show you hippies! great fun was had by all last night as the village was thronged with people till the late hours of the morning. the flower power festival spilled from all the bars and stalls in the street selling food and drink. even the pensioners club was staffed by froed hippy chicks.
here are some photos i took with dr. mick's shakey camera.

the church
56656433-9960-02000180-.jpg

blues dave and his band in raco verd

56656430-5d16-0200019D-.jpg

some bloke playing records, get it on, bang a gong, get it on....

56656432-f7c2-020001BC-.jpg

and finally a nasty afro tangle in the church square, evoking memories of the infamous 1974 soul train incident when no less than 7 dancers became tangled up with harold melvin and the bluenotes and had to be shorne with no anaesthetic in the studio to free them all.

56656431-d84b-020001A7-.jpg

and for everyone who says ibiza parties are expensive - it was all free, beer was €1 and a j&b on the rocks €2.50!
how's that?

stephen said:
and for everyone who says ibiza parties are expensive - it was all free, beer was €1 and a j&b on the rocks €2.50!
how's that?

sounds like abnother thing to add to list of 'Things to do in ibiza'. although with 'jota b con hielo' at that price, i'm not sure how long i'd last.

qué tiempo hizo, sephen??

sant josep yesterday..........

ru4393.jpg

ru42nl.jpg

.......... and in 5 weeks the fiestas of sant jordi where people is pissed off, VERY PISSED OFF with whats going on!! :idea: :!: :idea:

sorry ste, how was the weather? :lol:

the weather was fantastic. a beautiful day. it was however quite chilly by the time evening came.
however with a warm hat and coat i was able to brave the cold and sample lots of food and drink in the cause of research. well at €2 for 30 cl of red wine and €3 for ballantyne's and coke i surfed home riding a tidal wave of alcohol, fortified with german sausage, moroccan lamb kebab and fresh wild asparagus tortilla. no photos from yesterday - it's not what your right hand's for - but we had folk dancing followed by a stand up comedian, then pota lait, then a group from seville, and finally fireworks.
the last 3 nights have been real fun in the village and i'm finishing off the the fiesta at es galliner on wednesday at the annual winetasting!

grego, i suppose what he meant is that his right hand was busy all day holding glasses of ballantines cola!! :lol:

ff5v15.jpg

wake up ste, its monday already!! :twisted:

McRackin said:
grego, i suppose what he meant is that his right hand was busy all day holding glasses of ballantines cola!! :lol:

yeah i know, well, i was kinda hoping thats what he meant:lol:

Esteban, despiértate!:p :lol:

ff5v15.jpg

McRackin said:
in 5 weeks the fiestas of sant jordi where people is pissed off, VERY PISSED OFF with whats going on!! :idea: :!: :idea:
No Celebrations This Year.

Supposedly saying that there was not a fiesta spirit in the town because of the sadness & alleged bad feeling created by the motorway building, the fiesta committee in Sant Jordi resigned this week. It appears that they will only organise events at Xmas for the children but not the Saints Day & other fiestas throughout the year which the town is famous for.
Also last week residents in Sant Jordi tied black laces to the lighting p0oles on the village main road as a protest against the airport motorway construction & what the see are the negative affects this is having on the village.

110039644_eae56dcdc6.jpg

the ibiza sun

McRackin said:
No Celebrations This Year.

Supposedly saying that there was not a fiesta spirit in the town because of the sadness & alleged bad feeling created by the motorway building, the fiesta committee in Sant Jordi resigned this week. It appears that they will only organise events at Xmas for the children but not the Saints Day & other fiestas throughout the year which the town is famous for.
Also last week residents in Sant Jordi tied black laces to the lighting p0oles on the village main road as a protest against the airport motorway construction & what the see are the negative affects this is having on the village.

110039644_eae56dcdc6.jpg

the ibiza sun

why are the people in ibiza are not protesting against the motorways???????????????????
in mallorca they stopped the building of new ones. why not in ibiza??!!!?? stand up!!!!!!!!!!!

vienna said:
why are the people in ibiza are not protesting against the motorways???????????????????
in mallorca they stopped the building of new ones. why not in ibiza??!!!?? stand up!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Vienna :D,
I do not know with motorways you are refering to, but sadly in the last year they had finish the motorway that goes from Palma to Llucmajor and there is a huge and massive rebuilding of the road that joins Palma to Manacor, quite a long way in the map, and is true that in this case they don't call it motorway but it a motorway in the practice.
They have been talking of doing other motorways in the future, will see what happens:?:cry:, but the fact that they haven't been talking about it recently it doesn't mean that they are not going to do so...
It's true that people protest but the reality is that they build it just the same. What i think is that there is more people in favour than against it. Building the motorways is part of the electoral program of the political party in power, so it is a reality that people is in favour, because if it was so important for people they wouldn't win. In fact the policy is to build how much they can, don't matter what, the question is to build...in the other side they have been some laws that protect some parts of the islands but I think is not enough.
I am very pesimistic when is up to stop massive and barbaric buildings like this type, because I have been through many in my entire life and normally they build just the same. One of my favourite places in Mallorca is cala Mondrago, now it is declared Parque natural, people figthed like maniacs to save it from being converted in a touristic resort. Finally it was declared Parque natural, a place protected, is one of the times that I have been more happy and satisfied about the results of our protests, but sadly it is something atipical. Recently we had win another batle to protect Portocolom, from where I am, they wanted to build a paseo maritimo but after the protest the political party in power in the council, the same one in the government, had decided to go back and they signed a new project that with the aproval of the Portocolom platform " salvem es Port" and other ecological groups, plus all the opposite political partys wont damage Portocolom.
But as I say this are litle batles, but sadly this is very uncommon.
Byee

Last edited by a moderator:
Back