Flip Flops & Music

ishida

Couple of quick questions.. (first time to Ibiza next week)

1) Flip Flops
Was planning on wearing t-shirt, shorts, flip flops on every night out in Ibiza. Thought this would be acceptable but been told that I may be turned away with flip flops? I've bought tickets for Above and Beyond on Thursday, Amnesia & Avicii on Sunday, Ushuaia. Will these places be anti flip flops?

2) Music
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. What is the best/cheapest way to get music on this phone, and then playing through some good speakers? Not downloaded music for ages and feel like I'm a bit behind in knowing how it all works.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Couple of quick questions.. (first time to Ibiza next week)

1) Flip Flops
Was planning on wearing t-shirt, shorts, flip flops on every night out in Ibiza. Thought this would be acceptable but been told that I may be turned away with flip flops? I've bought tickets for Above and Beyond on Thursday, Amnesia & Avicii on Sunday, Ushuaia. Will these places be anti flip flops?

2) Music
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. What is the best/cheapest way to get music on this phone, and then playing through some good speakers? Not downloaded music for ages and feel like I'm a bit behind in knowing how it all works.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

1/ You are going to a club, not the beach. Dress accordingly.

2/ Get an iPhone.

Glad to be of help

1/ You are going to a club, not the beach. Dress accordingly.

2/ Get an iPhone.

Glad to be of help

1/ Agree :lol: ... and if you get your toes stamped on by excited revellers in the crush of a busy night you only have yourself to blame !

2/ Disagree. Androids all the way. Just connect through wifi when you're at home and download using that rather than data ... or else download onto your laptop/PC and copy the file over via Windows Explorer or equivalent.

at the airport you can buy these little 'pod' speaker things that twist apart , they are bloody loud considering the size and you can chain more of them together. think they are about 40quid from dixons etc.

1) I normally wear sandals in the clubs, and just make sure I am always more than a foot back from whoever might want to stand on me :lol:

2) Agree with kimajy, Android's all the way. Can usually pick up portable speakers for a decent price too from somewhere like Argos if you are UK based

you won't be turned away with flip flops. but maybe you'll feel comfier in sneakers/trainers. amnesia will be heaving with people.

I wear flip flops almost every time I go out in Ibiza. You won't be turned away for wearing them. The only place I wouldn't be 100% sure about is Pacha though, as I don't go there.
As for the second question, just get a cheap little system with an audio in input and get yourself a jack lead. That's what I always do.

If solo records is still open in the west end, you used to be able to pick up a pretty powerful 2.1 sound system for €35.

Back