First trip to ibiza!

seb

Hi, I'm going to Ibiza on Wednesday with my mates for the first time. We're staying in San Antonio. I've heard at this time of year it's packed with dirty chavs and idiots who just go out to get in fights and do drugs. Is this true?
Also what's it like with Id'ing because I'm 17 and hear it's the same laws as over here there. I've got a fake ID but another mate doesn't so wondered what that was like.
Also will I be alright on like £400 spending money considering we'll be doing our drinking at the hotel probably instead of at clubs etc?

Cheers!

How long you staying for?

£400 would go a long way in a night, but it would be a bit touch and go for a fortnight :p.

Rough cost of stuff on a night out is:

Drinks in a frontline bar 8-12 euros (£6-8 )
Drinks in a decent club 10-14 euros (£7-10)
Club Entrance 20-60 euros (£15-45)

Multiplicate away :D.

get real simon.

the amount of establishments whose clientel are daft enough to pay those prices is about 20. using the power of mathematics i have calculated that that leaves roughly 2280 bars, cafes and restaurants which are happy to provide extremely reasonably priced food and drink for customers who have more sense than money. (though you might not get scatter cushions, lots of merchandising and some bloke with a pained expression playing records in them)

having said that, if you do want to spend 400 quid in a night, you get to spend it with people like this
5.jpg

thanks to radio 1 at space!

stephen said:
get real simon.

the amount of establishments whose clientel are daft enough to pay those prices is about 20. using the power of mathematics i have calculated that that leaves roughly 2280 bars, cafes and restaurants which are happy to provide extremely reasonably priced food and drink for customers who have more sense than money. (though you might not get scatter cushions, lots of merchandising and some bloke with a pained expression playing records in them)
Stephen, you're always saying stuff like this but the bars along the harbor Ibiza Town, on the Sunset Strip or along the promenade in San An, or on the main street in Playa d'en Bossa do charge a decent amount for drinks (maybe not 8-12 euros, but more like 3-6 euros for beer and 6-12 euros for drinks.)

There are less expensive places, but you don't always want to spend your holiday time tracking them down.

The price range in the big clubs is 6 euros (water, El Divino) to 15 euros (some drinks in Space). Simon had the right entrance fees.

Again, you can go to smaller nightclubs in the West End, Ibiza, Playa d'en Bossa (or elsewhere) and spend less. Different experience.

yup, i'm always saying ibiza isn't expensive because so many people say it is. a tiny tiny part of the island can cost you a fortune, and morbyd you correctly name the 4 tiny areas where this is so.

the rest of the island however has a fabulous selection of bars, in the country with quiet terraces under the stars, and in town where you can people watch to your heart's content, where a beer will set you back 1.50 and a cubata 4 euros tops.

you really don't need to do a lot of searching to find these places......they're everywhere!

yeah I'm going for a week and like I said I'll be drinking at my apartment before i go out and I'm not stupid enough to pay club prices for drinks so I'm hoping I should be ok!

stephen said:
yup, i'm always saying ibiza isn't expensive because so many people say it is. a tiny tiny part of the island can cost you a fortune, and morbyd you correctly name the 4 tiny areas where this is so.

the rest of the island however has a fabulous selection of bars, in the country with quiet terraces under the stars, and in town where you can people watch to your heart's content, where a beer will set you back 1.50 and a cubata 4 euros tops.

you really don't need to do a lot of searching to find these places......they're everywhere!

stephen, you should publish some kind of poor man's rough guide to Ibiza. ;) :)

I went to ibiza when i was 15 and with a mate who was 15. we did not get asked for I.D anywhere! i thought we wud but its just a case of look that part and your fine. you should be fine if your 17!

get real simon.

having said that, if you do want to spend 400 quid in a night, you get to spend it with people like this
5.jpg

thanks to radio 1 at space!

:lol::twisted::idea:

Back