first time

catherine1952

hi im coming to ibiza in october the 5th to 19th i ve heard that its very quiet then im taking my 12 year old granddaughter with me. are the markets still open and are some of the bars child friendly. what about the weather is it a bit hit and miss with thre rain. also ca i get bus to figueretas from the airport

its a great time to go with kids,figueretes is the best place to stay from october to may.short walk into ibiza town and less than 10euro in taxi from airport.most bars and rests stay open till end of october around the island now and nearer ibiza town stay open most of the year.

taxi will be a bit more than that.looking at 13 to 15 from airport.its 10 to 11 to playa den bossa.weather can be red hot.afew showers.little chilly at night.if you mean hippy market still open.yes.and carboot on satdays.small hippy market on fridays in playa den bossa.across road from the bahamas hotel.

you might as well walk it into playa den bossa..easy along main road or on prom then you cut off a few back strrets and then on to pdb beach.then cut off again to hit bars and shops.

i would treat yourself to a taxi both wayst.as where you are staying is on a back street.and i like i said before.too much with a case in tow.

short walk to main bus street station.so you can easy go to san an etc.but do walk round resort and further.lots to see and do within 4 miles of your atps.use main site and copy maps on there.do a few of area and paste them together.so you get a idea of the place.then if you atp is good enough they should give you a more detailed street map free.if not buy one.

don;t think water park will be open still.past 12 years it shuts when numbers drop.even though its halfterm.not enough kids around.

sale time as well in la sernia shops and in ibizatown port area.mango;s always have a sale on in oct.nice time to go as you can really chat to bar owners.you might find a few bars back end of your hols closeing.if you smoke get your fags early.don;t leave it till last day.

all depends what your granddaughter wants to do in day and night time.enjoy.get up early.rest later in afternoon.stay out late at night.drink lots of water even though you think its not hot maybe.and use suncream.it can still burn you in oct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back