First time in Ibiza and going it alone...

Fogster

Hey everyone

I posted this in the 'meet me in Ibiza' boards but maybe that was the wrong forum (as I haven't even booked dates yet or anything) As the thread suggests, I'm looking to go to Ibiza for the first time this year. I was hoping to go with my friends but for various reasons they can't make it (£££, not getting time off work, etc) but I really don't want this to stop me, as I've been delaying for so long in going and don't want to miss the boat!

So I'm aiming to go, alone...I guess my main question is whether it's common (ish) for people to go alone and if it's possible to make a great time of it by going solo initially? I'm not sure if it is the right type of trip to go alone...I know that people go backpacking to Australia for example alone and that suits the environment they're in, I'm not sure if the same applies to Ibiza though?

I'm a sociable guy who is easy going and can chat to people easily...I'm not like a stereotypical lad (for want of a better description!) and my fear is this mental image of me just sitting in my hotel room alone wondering why I thought it was a good idea!! But ultimately I'm out there to go and enjoy the clubs the music and everything else it has to offer.

From anyone's experience, is it easy to meet people \ maybe fellow solo-trippers? Would this depend on where I stayed (in terms of venue but also in terms of the type of place...hotel, hostel, etc)

I'm aiming to go when I have holiday time, which would be late July (Wednesday 23rd for 5 nights or so.)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Cheers :)

Go for it. You'll be fine, of course it won't be the same as going with someone, however I think you'll have great time regardless. Trust me plenty of people go to Ibiza and then realise they've chosen to go with the wrong people and have to go it alone anyway. At least you wont have the awkward position of telling someone they're a let down.

you'll be absolutely fine. maybe try to meet a few people from the forums while you're out in ibiza, so you know you have a few already set dates and then you'll meet more people as you're out and about here.

I think Ibiza attracts more solo travellers than your average holiday destination. Organise a meetup via this forum and you will be fine. Ive met loads of ppl through that sort of thing

No problem to go alone! You will always meet cool people :) We will be there from the 21st, staying in PdB.

Hi Fogster, I went solo last year and had the time of my life. I arranged to meet others travelling solo on the meet me forum which was a great idea as it meant from the very get go you have others to start the night with. Sunday @ We Love was my first night and I met a crazy number of friendly people. I have travelled other places solo and I can honestly say Ibiza is the friendliest place. I stayed at the Mare Nostrum which was cheap but awesome in the respect that it was packed full of people on it for partying. All I did when I get there was head straight down to the pool and started speaking to a group of lads. Sometimes it takes some initial swallowing of nerves to do that but trust me it is all good! Anyway, you have probably now seen from the meet me forum that there are loads of people in the same boat and you wont struggle to find some like minded people up for doing the same nights as you. Book it now and enjoy!

Hiya I'm travelling solo in July if ur there the sane time u can join me I've also been talking to other people travelling solo and we're all meeting up. We're getting a big group together

Thanks for your replies guys,much appreciated! I'm gonna hopefully book it this weekend, I'm aiming to go Thursday July 24th for 5 nights... it's a toss up between Hostal Valencia and Hostal Ferrer I think atm...both similar prices, the former has got the best reviews...I've read reviews on Trip Advisor, but anyone got any experience of staying at either one of these in terms of location etc?

Hi Fogster, I've not stayed at either but I can tell you that Valencia is way over the back of town.
Ferrer is much more central,between the seafront and the church,also very close to the bus station.

Yeah that was the only thing I thought about Valencia...it's got much better reviews in general (including the location pretty much) but Ferrer's location has been widely praised in terms of it being right where it needs to be in terms of nightlife! Valencia is appraently in a quiet area, which may be good when I have a pounding headache but maybe not quite what I'm after for the rest of the time! Well...I've just booked the flight, eep :-o Just need to decide on accommodation sooner rather than later now!

Back