First, Best, Last

hounddj

I can remember quite clearly my first , best , worst and last times in a nightclub. I'd be interested in your experiences!

This is not per se about which is the prettiest or loudest (though this can come into it) but rather, where you had the first/ best / worst / last time out (etc

Format (though feel to change is as below:)

First Nightclub Visited:

First Proper Nightclub Visited:

Best Nightclub Visited:

Worst Nightclub Visited:

Last Nightclub Visited:

First Nightclub Visited: Chase nightclub... some awful club with a "ladies night" in my hometown. I was probably about 17 and it had a "Ladies drink for free Fridays!" those kind of places!

First Proper Nightclub Visited: Turnmills - 1995 -sigh.....

Best Nightclub Visited: tie! I've been to so many, so I can't really say, but I have had my top nights probably at Turnmills or Space or Amnesia

Worst Nightclub Visited: Well aside from some brothel in Cambodia (but that was more amusing than anything) I remember visiting this gawdawful club in Melbourne when visiting a friend. I have no idea what it was called.

Last Nightclub Visited: This is how sad my life is.. I can't even remember. I've been out to some bars, but no real clubbing for a LOOOOOONG time. I saw Paul Van Dyk (and I'm not even a trance fan at all!) in April at a bowling alley/ club here in Edmonton (this might also fall in the "Worst nightclub visited" category too! :lol:)

But some of my best nights out, haven't been in the best clubs. I've had amazing, messy nights at with small gatherings in the Gili islands or at psy-trance raves in rural Japan or other festivals. I've probably forgotten my best nights!! :lol:

For me..........

First Nightclub Visited: The Jubilee Nightclub, Burton on Trent. In the spirit of Pheonix nights, this is a place which sold double shots of Taboo (with a dash of lemonade) and pints of Skol for a pound. Indeed there was a cut out of Jim Bowen, proudly holding a Skol in one corner of the VIP room to entice you to order a pint.

The floor was sticky to the point that at times, after too many Skols, it was difficult to walk. At any one time this could be due to the fact that there was vomit, sticky spilt drinks, number 2's, blood or spunk on it. Often it was a mixture of more than one.

The afformentioned VIP was basically another room that was as open to anyone as the main room (Pacha could learn alot from this) only that you couldn't smoke in it, and the music was more refined (less Come on Eileen and more RnB equivilent of the day) so you could get away with fingering your girlfriend (or the bird you'd just met, or your mates girlfriend) in there. - happy days.

First Proper Nightclub Visited: Progress at the Conservatory - Derby. Sadly both the brand and club are now deceased.

Best Nightclub Visited: Crikey this is hard

First ever go on the gear - Nottingham (and I can't remember for the life of me what the place was called , if anyone can help out with this it would be appreciated)

The one with the most memories over a long period of time.....Passion @ the Emporium, Coalville (now an utterly depressing wasteland of hard dance)

Best music overall - Erol Alkan and Boyz Noise @ The Plug, Sheffield.

Most overall brilliantly messed up night out - DJ Falcon (of Bagalter and Falcon fame) and a bag of Cali Sunrises @ (some place in Leicester I can't remember)

Best for watching wreck heads and being concerned that someone might die - Sundissential - Pulse, Birmingham

Loudest - Main room at Ministry

First in Ibiza - Space

Most impressive - First ever visit to Manumission @ Privilege

Ibiza favorites - Space or Pacha (provided a certain Frenchman or a contignet of Swedish people aren't involved)

Worst Nightclub Visited: Gatecrasher - Sheffield. At the height of the cyber-kids trance revolution. It was Xmas time and about -3'C. Paul van Dyke was on. We drove up there with tickets. The venue was oversold. We waited outside with our spiked up, spray dyed hair. The puddles in the road slowly froze over. We realised we weren't going to get in before we died. Then we realised that the guy that was driving was far too ruined to drive us home. We continued to wait. We got in. It was packed to the point of imminent death. Hateful.

Last Nightclub Visited: Ciros Ibiza Foam Party - Ashby de la Zouch - to be fair, this was good old fashioned drunked fun)

Next...........We Love @ Space next Sunday.

First Nightclub Visited:
Can't remember the name but it was a nightclub for teenagers (read: no booze) in Ocean City, Maryland.

First Proper Nightclub Visited:
Trax (Washington, DC)

Best Nightclub Visited:
Hard to choose really. DC10 (Ibiza), Krysha Mira (Moscow), Dyagilev Project (Moscow).. all for very different reasons.

Honorable mention to Amnesia (Ibiza), Pacha (Buenos Aires), Webster Hall in NYC (when it first opened... I visited years later and it was nowhere near as good) and Ministry of Sound because it's still a very good venue (layout, sound, etc.)

Worst Nightclub Visited:
I've seen places in provincial Russian and Kazakhstani cities that would scare most of you :lol:

Last Nightclub Visited:
Krysha Mira

First Nightclub Visited: The Mandrake in Bristol (now Basement45) when I was about 15. They didn't ID, so easy to get in to. Crap venue though, the place was falling apart.

First Proper Nightclub Visited: The Syndicate, Bristol. Hard Dance and Trance until the wee hours, with cheap drinks, good looking girls, and lasers. It was this night, and the first ever Gallery I went to, that got me properly in to Trance music, and from that, the other EDM genres I listen to. Capacity was about 1800, so it was a fairly big club.

Over the years they've had Ferry Corsten, Armin Van Buuren, Above & Beyond and Paul Van Dyk play. Not that way anyway, the venue really shows its ages, and is just a student hole. Gone are the days of it's good music.

Best Nightclub Visited: The Gallery @ Turnmills, London. Best party I can remember was the closing party of the Gallery. Biggest name on the line up was Judge Jules. But everything just came together. Didn't drink, or do anything other things, but the crowd was the electric that it felt like you were. Went by myself as my friend couldn't get a ticket after I got mine. It's still the best clubbing night of my life.

Best Non Turnmills Nightclub Visited: Amnesia, Ibiza. The two Cream parties I've been to have reaffirmed my belief in Trance. They were such amazing nights. Fell in love with Ferry Corsten's sound, it's just so amazing. :)

Worst Nightclub Visited: Hmm... There's been a fair few. Digital Soceity 4th Birthday @ The O2 Academy earlier on in the year springs to mind. Major freakout, and it was absolutely rammed.

Last Nightclub Visited: Forward @ Stink's Peephouse, Leeds, where I DJed. Otherwise, Digital Society @ Mint

Loudest: Ministry of Sound

Next Clubbing Experince: BE @ Space, next Wednesday.

Great thread!

First Nightclub Visited: similar to Morbyd, 'under 18s'. This was at the SubClub - happy hardcore :lol: me and my friends borrowed our big sisters dresses/high heels when the majority were in tracky tops, white slouch socks and air max - looking back they were probably in the right gear to be dancing to Jieeeehhhaaaa! About a year later managed to blag into The Area in Paisley - always empty but not fussy on your age and always played Delacy Hideaway which was a winner :lol:

First Proper Nightclub Visited: Pacha, Ibiza - 18th birthday holiday. Just realised that! Hmm probably a few trips to Archaos in Glasgow which was a bit of a superclub when it first opened. Sunday nights were legendary with great house music and lots of performers 8) Arches for the first 'added element' to clubbing which opened up a whole new world ;) Armand Van Helden, Duane Harden live and me on a wee mini podium in the first arch :lol:

Best Nightclub Visited: Space/Amnesia took my breath away, great fun. Arches for consistent good memories.

Worst Nightclub Visited: a horrible dive that used to exist called Destiny. Lasted about 30 mins. Terrible chipmonk pitch vocals on old songs, sticky carpet, fights breaking out every 2 mins and dregs of society pumping in the corners :eek: *insert puking smiley*

Last Nightclub Visited: Small basement place in Glasgow, La Cheetah. Hosts some great local nights, was at Slabs of the Tabernacle :D

Next Clubbing Experience: Cocoon in the Park in Leeds on Saturday, can't wait! Not sure how I'll be with the 10am start, but ready to find out :twisted:

Back