Finally back on the island. Family, food & good times

claretclubber

Long weekend to see family, based in St Eulalia. Nothing like our normal trips to the island, slow pace but had a brilliant time 👌 No clubbing but hopefully some useful bits for people planning trips.

The queues at Manchester Airport were as detailed in the press, luckily with a toddler in a pram we whizzed through. We've decided he will travel in a pram until 15yrs of age 😁

Said pram didn't come off the convey belt at Ibiza, this happened last month in Mexico but this time it turned up pretty quickly. We were the only flight, it had been left at the aeroplane steps Probably around this point my wife started to tease me that I was only going for 3 nights and them 8 😒

St Eulalia
Thursday
2 night at Duquesa Playa Hotel. Nice, clean, maybe dated in parts but bang in the centre of town, 1 min from harbour, close to beach - would stay again.

Basically mooched along the prom and beach. Enjoyed the sun with a drink and meal of day at Rias at Atenea right on the front. It was lovely coming from the sleety rain at home, food was decent. Nice cocktails at OHM and more playing on the beach. Walked over the 'romantic bridge' to play on the siesta park and check out where our next apartments were. Sat with the rest of the sundowners at restaurant Royalty overlooking the square before tapas on Carrer de Sant Vincent.

Friday
Visited a few parks whilst my wife worked remotely. Had brunch at Social Project - liked the quirky vibe in this bar, will try the Sunday roast next time. Caught the bus to Ibiza Town, the buses are easy and cheap compared to taxis. First time off season and although not dead it was weird seeing very little life in the port side streets! Nice reminder of how many steps there are in Dalt Vila as we pushed the pram to the top whilst young man napped 😅 It was cool with the wind but the views were stunning as ever.
We settled down in Crossiant Show to meet my wife's sister who has lived on the island for 15+ years. It was sweet for my son to cuddle an aunty who he speaks to every week but lives in an ipad! We sat in the sun for 2 1/2 hr chatting, drinking, eating and people watching. I've always got too much to cram in whilst visiting the island so this was especially enjoyable. Full range of people and nationalities, watched as Francisco's glass was topped up by a steady stream of people. Went back in Dalt Vila as our son had been asleep the first time, had drinks in Passeig de Varade Ray before a meal at La Bodega - duck was nice, cod OK, service friendly but not that attentive. Bus back to St Eulalia for 2.10e

Saturday
Son continued his international park tour whilst my wife worked in the morning. Bought a fancy birthday cake for SIL's 40th from Pasteleria Planells 😋
Moved to new apartments Aldea Bonsai in Siesta. Quite dated but spacious, lots of annoying steps around the resort which aren't great for a pram. 10mins to St E, 15mins to the harbour - so not too far out. At this point my wife realised it wasn't that funny that I was doing 3 nights and them 8 🤫
The prom was noticeably busier being Saturday, loads of families on the beach and restaurants. Had some tasty Italian at San Martino and watched the world walk by. Walked the costal path as far as we could with the pram past Sa Caleta.
Sat in the sheltered sun of Bonsai Bar in the Marina to meet my mother in law and aunty who had just landed, the bar was lively with a percussionist banging some beats and vocals out - good times👌Cheap Chinese on Carrer de Sant Vincent, good value but not the greatest.

We headed to Nagai Japanese restaurant, in San Lorenzo on San Juan road (would have eaten here if I had my choice) to see an artist's exhibition, my SIL had done a collaborative piece with the artist Sequin Kay. Arty/eccentric crowd, good music, cool venue and interesting people.

Had hoped for a night out. Having booked two apartments in the same place for us and MIL, when they checked in they were told their apartment was in a different location near the marina which knackered up the baby sitting option 😊

Sunday
Easy exit, no real queues at the airport. Mrs is now deciding whether to try and book another apartment in the same place as MIL to make it easy to work in the mornings, son is deciding which parks he wants to visit and I'll be walking the dog in the rain...

Last edited:
Long weekend to see family, based in St Eulalia. Nothing like our normal trips to the island, slow pace but had a brilliant time 👌 No clubbing but hopefully some useful bits for people planning trips.

The queues at Manchester Airport were as detailed in the press, luckily with a toddler in a pram we whizzed through. We've decided he will travel in a pram until 15yrs of age 😁

Said pram didn't come off the convey belt at Ibiza, this happened last month in Mexico but this time it turned up pretty quickly. We were the only flight, it had been left at the aeroplane steps Probably around this point my wife started to tease me that I was only going for 3 nights and them 8 😒

St Eulalia
Thursday
2 night at Duquesa Playa Hotel. Nice, clean, maybe dated in parts but bang in the centre of town, 1 min from harbour, close to beach - would stay again.

Basically mooched along the prom and beach. Enjoyed the sun with a drink and meal of day at Rias at Atenea right on the front. It was lovely coming from the sleety rain at home, food was decent. Nice cocktails at OHM and more playing on the beach. Walked over the 'romantic bridge' to play on the siesta park and check out where our next apartments were. Sat with the rest of the sundowners at restaurant Royalty overlooking the square before tapas on Carrer de Sant Vincent.

Friday
Visited a few parks whilst my wife worked remotely. Had brunch at Social Project - liked the quirky vibe in this bar, will try the Sunday roast next time. Caught the bus to Ibiza Town, the buses are easy and cheap compared to taxis. First time off season and although not dead it was wired seeing very little life in the port side streets! Nice reminder of how many steps there are in Dalt Vila as we pushed the pram to the top whilst young man napped 😅 It was cool with the wind but the views were stunning as ever.
We settled down in Crossiant Show to meet my wife's sister who has lived on the island for 15+ years. It was sweet for my son to cuddle an aunty who he speaks to every week but lives in an ipad! We sat in the sun for 2 1/2 hr chatting, drinking, eating and people watching. I've always got too much to cram in whilst visiting the island so this was especially enjoyable. Full range of people and nationalities, watched as Francisco's glass was topped up by a steady stream of people. Went back in Dalt Vila as our son had been asleep the first time, had drinks in Passeig de Varade Ray before a meal at La Bodega - duck was nice, cod OK, service friendly but not that attentive. Bus back to St Eulalia for 2.10e

Saturday
Son continued his international park tour whilst my wife worked in the morning. Bought a fancy birthday cake for SIL's 40th from Pasteleria Planells 😋
Moved to new apartments Aldea Bonsai in Siesta. Quite dated but spacious, lots of annoying steps around the resort which aren't great for a pram. 10mins to St E, 15mins to the harbour - so not too far out. At this point my wife realised it wasn't that funny that I was doing 3 nights and them 8 🤫
The prom was noticeably busier being Saturday, loads of families on the beach and restaurants. Had some tasty Italian at San Martino and watched the world walk by. Walked the costal path as far as we could with the pram past Sa Caleta.
Sat in the sheltered sun of Bonsai Bar in the Marina to meet my mother in law and aunty who had just landed, the bar was lively with a percussionist banging some beats and vocals out - good times👌Cheap Chinese on Carrer de Sant Vincent, good value but not the greatest.

We headed to Nagai Japanese restaurant, in San Lorenzo on San Juan road (would have eaten here if I had my choice) to see an artist's exhibition, my SIL had done a collaborative piece with the artist Sequin Kay. Arty/eccentric crowd, good music, cool venue and interesting people.

Had hoped for a night out. Having booked two apartments in the same place for us and MIL, when they checked in they were told their apartment was in a different location near the marina which knackered up the baby sitting option 😊

Sunday
Easy exit, no real queues at the airport. Mrs is now deciding whether to try and book another apartment in the same place as MIL to make it easy to work in the mornings, son is deciding which parks he wants to visit and I'll be walking the dog in the rain...
Sounds like a great trip!! Thanks for the fun read :)

I love to sit there . Its true Ibiza for me to watch the people . For me its a bit like a theatre. In summer Its not easy to find a table at the evenings.
Hope it will be the same as before with the new owners.
To use the bus is a good idea. You can go to nearly every place in Ibz. Never was at salinas with bus. Are they driving trough the salinas with a big bus ? There should be a bus stop there. They need it for the workers of the salines plant , maybe. . Dont know where it is.

my age I guess but I really like SE nowadays. on recent stays met some great people. we had a decent breakfast at the social project in 2019. my pal knew someone there but I can't remember who ran it though?

Stayed at aldea bonsai with my mum a few years ago, really liked it and its quiet location, having now had a kid can totally understand how it would be a bit of a mare negotiating a pram around the hotel grounds though. Parking was rarely an issue in May, sometimes had to park further down the road in amongst the trees, but would go back.

Back