Film Soundtracks

Buckley

Put in the open chat rather than music, which tends to be house-based and quite right too.

So Pulp Fiction, Trainspotting, Bond themes - what else would you want to hear at 'Saturday Night At The Movies' - a 9pm-1am 100 capacity session in the basement of a suburban boozer.

Help paid in beer if you happen to be in the area....

Love soundtracks and always wait for credits at the end of the film.

Off the top of my head to start - Layer Cake, Roll Bounce (full, not album)

Love the opening to Layer Cake with Hayling...

What about Sexy Beast, anything Scorsese, lock stock, snatch ???

There seems to be of a bit of a theme there, but can't put my finger on it :confused:

24 hour party people, Boogie Nights, Drive, Lock Stock all great soundtracks. There is also a load of Nile Rogers stuff on a soundtrack called "Soup for One" if you wanted an excuse to go down that alley. Shit film, amazing soundtrack!

Massive fan of Blade Runner (Vangelis) and the Hans Zimmer/Brian Eno/Gustavo Santaollala stuff that gets done for soundtracks but that is all a bit ambient/atmospheric for what I think you are after?

24 hour party people, Boogie Nights, Drive, Lock Stock all great soundtracks. There is also a load of Nile Rogers stuff on a soundtrack called "Soup for One" if you wanted an excuse to go down that alley. Shit film, amazing soundtrack!

Massive fan of Blade Runner (Vangelis) and the Hans Zimmer/Brian Eno/Gustavo Santaollala stuff that gets done for soundtracks but that is all a bit ambient/atmospheric for what I think you are after?

Ambient stuff might be good for early doors....

Ok cool, there is a Brian Eno track used on Traffic and Heat called Ending (An Ascent) which is great. Johnny Greenwood stuff from There Will Be Blood is great and really like the Hans Zimmer stuff used on Interstellar and Inception. Gustavo Sataolalla's Iguazu has been used on a few films too.

Also don't forget you can use Purple Rain for a bit of Prince!

City of God also great for some Brazilian stuff….A Clockwork Orange and Requiem for a dream both good…all original music made for the soundtrack.

Back