Festivals: bubble bursting?

As said in some of the comments there, there are just too many events cropping up and hoping to be as big a success as the big players. I would've actually gone to EE had I not been on a stag do that weekend as I was impressed with the lineup, but it's not all that surprising that some will struggle. There is only so much money and so many punters. Same thing is happening with numbers in the Ibiza clubs with so much going on, but I guess they suffer so much less because of the vast profits on ticket sales and drinks.

The big and established festivals will continue to thrive, smaller/newer ones may find it difficult to make an impact as there are do many about. I'll be heading to Bestival again next year as it was head and shoulders above any other uk festival I've been to, Glasto is the only other one I really want to tick off, then it's back to concentrating on Europe.

Anyone know how the new Festivals did in Croatia this year? I went to the first Hideout which was ace and has obviously done well, but there seem to be loads cropping up along that coast recently.

Mint Festival last week in Leeds was sold out. Only a smallish festival but a good mixed lineup. Only in its second year.

Back