Festivalls - Camping - Advice and Helpful Info plzzzzzzz

xxVic-zeexx

Hey all,

Ones self is going to her first Music Festival this year, Global Gathering to be precise :D

I bought tickets for me and the BF so it will be him and i heading up there with a load of his mates, i presume.

What sort of things do i realistically need to take? Obviously a tent, but is there anything else that people can recommend...

All information always helpful as you all have served me very well with input and avice on things :D

Toilet paper,wipes,clothes for all weather,lots of socks and try get everything into one backpack.Plenty of cider,fruit/juices and a little kettle and stove for making tea or coffees.:)

Standard Robder festie list:

tent
sleeping bag
mattress
eye mask
ear plugs
tickets
vodka in plastic bottle
beers
loo roll
wet wipes
wellies/spare shoes
plastic bags
bin liner
poncho
shorts and trousers
resolve or paracetamol
sunglasses
moby
battery moby charger
sun cream
jumpers
head torch
camera

I've been to the last 5 Globals, and will be going to this one too!

You cant take alcohol into the camp site, if they find it on you at the entrance you will loose it, you can keep it in your car though, and go out and drink in the car park - works out cheaper than buying all your drinks in there!

You cant take a stove or bbq's either, only pre-packed food

I have always managed to smuggle alcohol in though packed into the tent!

Take as little stuff as possible, and dont take any valuables - every year there are stories of tents getting robbed up in the night while your out dancing, so if you take bare minimum, then you wont risk loosing anything... even your change of clothes for the next day I would store in the boot of the car.

Global is the strictest festival I have ever been to, with regards to what you can take in etc, but having said that, it is wicked!

Just pray for sunshine!

dont know if they do it for GG but last festival I went to you could pay £25 for weekend access to proper facilities and clean w.c's, toiletries, hairdryers etc for the burds. Really worth it i thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to the last 5 Globals, and will be going to this one too!

You cant take alcohol into the camp site, if they find it on you at the entrance you will loose it, you can keep it in your car though, and go out and drink in the car park - works out cheaper than buying all your drinks in there!

You cant take a stove or bbq's either, only pre-packed food

I have always managed to smuggle alcohol in though packed into the tent!

Take as little stuff as possible, and dont take any valuables - every year there are stories of tents getting robbed up in the night while your out dancing, so if you take bare minimum, then you wont risk loosing anything... even your change of clothes for the next day I would store in the boot of the car.

Global is the strictest festival I have ever been to, with regards to what you can take in etc, but having said that, it is wicked!

Just pray for sunshine!

So, are the car parks next to the camp site where everyones tents will be?

Do they search your bags upon entry into the site where the tents are then? If i take alcohol in plastic bottles do they still take it?

Sound like an alcoholic just asking about getttin booze in :lol:

tent
sleeping bag
mattress
eye mask
ear plugs
tickets
vodka in plastic bottle
beers
loo roll
wet wipes
wellies/spare shoes
plastic bags
bin liner
poncho
shorts and trousers
resolve or paracetamol
sunglasses
moby
battery moby charger
sun cream
jumpers
head torch
camera

Good list, i will add dry shampoo to that for the female touch :lol:

tent
sleeping bag
mattress
eye mask
ear plugs
tickets
vodka in plastic bottle
beers
loo roll
wet wipes
wellies/spare shoes
plastic bags
bin liner
poncho
shorts and trousers
resolve or paracetamol
sunglasses
moby
battery moby charger
sun cream
jumpers
head torch
camera
i'd take an air bed , and a battery pump for it as well.
rennies
camping chair/stool/inflatable chair
plasters
pills
valium (i dont really bother, but mates do, and since i only got 3hrs sleep the entire wekend at rockness i think im on the blues wagon next time...
and see if one person in your group is bringing a portable docking station/speakers/ghettoblaster etc...get the tunes on!8)

and at GG look out for a load of mad glaswegians, big group of my pals are going down for it, i would've been coming as ell, but doing Bloc. then melt in germany so cant afford it.

So, are the car parks next to the camp site where everyones tents will be?

Do they search your bags upon entry into the site where the tents are then? If i take alcohol in plastic bottles do they still take it?

Sound like an alcoholic just asking about getttin booze in :lol:

They search randomly upon entry into the camp site, i think you are allowed 2 litres of non alcoholic liquid in a sealed bottle.. I have managed to smuggle vodka and beer in before though by packing it in with the tent, right at the bottom.

If you take alcohol in bottles and they find it, they will take it.

Also, beware - random police car searches on entry to the car park, and sniffer dogs on entry to camp site!! Like I said, strictest festival I've ever been to!

Car park is a short walk from the camp site! You can buy alcohol in the camp site, but weirdly your not allowed to take that into the festival itself!

They search randomly upon entry into the camp site, i think you are allowed 2 litres of non alcoholic liquid in a sealed bottle.. I have managed to smuggle vodka and beer in before though by packing it in with the tent, right at the bottom.

If you take alcohol in bottles and they find it, they will take it.

Also, beware - random police car searches on entry to the car park, and sniffer dogs on entry to camp site!! Like I said, strictest festival I've ever been to!

Car park is a short walk from the camp site! You can buy alcohol in the camp site, but weirdly your not allowed to take that into the festival itself!

Wicked - thats a helpful tip, so we will be stuffing our tent with booze :lol:

We are not naughty people so wouldnt matter if our car was one which got searched and knowing our luck, it will be us lol.

Whats the drinking prices and queing like for booze? Now im thinking how much ££ to take ?

Hey all,

Ones self is going to her first Music Festival this year, Global Gathering to be precise :D

I bought tickets for me and the BF so it will be him and i heading up there with a load of his mates, i presume.

What sort of things do i realistically need to take? Obviously a tent, but is there anything else that people can recommend...

All information always helpful as you all have served me very well with input and avice on things :D

For laydeeeez ... a shewee(lolz) ... and my own top tip for a UK festival would be one of these :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im1iNq02Kz0

Last time I went 2 years ago it was £40 for a crate of beer/cider/alcopops. 24cans / bottles.
I think it was £3.50 a can once in the festival itself.

The queues to get in can sometimes be horrific to get into the campsite so I wouldn't advise going back to the car for booze or anything else on the Friday if you can help it.

Try not to pitch your tent too close to the paths & walk ways as they often gets trampled on / railings knocked on them.

Back