Fabric Birthday...

MiniMarc

Went to this on weekend. Wasn't a good session by any means. Really busy the whole times we were there , much more so than other birthdays ive been to there. Saw seth troxler who played a good set. Craig richards too.
Went to a warehouse party beforehand (schoolboy error) and saw a dj called Jane Fitz , def worth checking out she was really good.

Cant see myself going fabric for a long time it just didnt have the magic it used to unfortunately

I was there too, I had a blinder! Got there about 3 on Sunday afternoon and it was going off in room one, ame and dixon were really on form. It got really busy when they closed the stage at the back to set up for Matthew Johnson but we just went to the third room where it was much quieter. It emptied out a bit after midnight….Saw a good chunk of villalobos and have to say he played really well.

Took ages for me to get in having not bought a ticket beforehand, but didn't really think it was that busy. I've definitely seen it busier. Excellent sets from Francis, Doc Martin and Craig Richards. Johnson and Villalobos also on form. Have to confess I missed Dixon and Ame due to needing a rest, but I heard they were brilliant too.

There was a v good discussion about fabric in last few days on the excellent bleep 43 facebook page. People praising the fwd thinking music policy but hating the club itself because it's always crawling with lowlife perves hassling women or clueless tourists. Real shame because it is still numero uno for bookings

I went on a random Saturday in June, think Troxler was there. The venue itself is probably the best I've been to. So layout is just so interesting, all the different rooms have a different vibe and enough crack corners to make me excited. Ended up in the smaller upstairs room dancing for hours since it wasn't too crowded and the tunes were hitting the spot. Crowd seemed great, but I'm from NYC where the club crowds are just about the worst in the world. Security at the door was a bit ridiculous, but other than that, I hope to be back soon.

It will be, but thats the natural progression with the current laws on drugs, that it will have to become even more locked down

A major reason i gave up on ministry - it was like entering the Pentagon.. If they go hardcore, it will scare people off. They're screwed either way i reckon

Source: http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/fabric-saved

Fabric has been saved from closure on the condition that sniffer dogs are on patrol at the nightclub.

The Farringdon venue had its licence reviewed by Islington council last night following police worries about four drug-related deaths in the last three years.

Fabric kept its licence but it was decided that seven £300-a-night sniffer dogs would be introduced as a measure to deter drug users and dealers.

ID checks, improved CCTV and increased drug searches on the door also make up the conditions of the 15-year-old club staying open.

Although police say the relationship between them and the club has been good, club founders Cameron Leslie and Keith Reilly will appeal the decision.

They said: "We’ll be appealing. We need to see their written reasons but we fundamentally disagree on a number of key points."

Reilly added: "In 15 years we have had six million people come through the doors and sadly there have been four deaths. We do everything we can to stop people taking drugs in the club. What’s happened recently is this country is awash with drugs.

"There’s been a large batch of MDMA that’s got more powerful and has caught the kids out."

Despite the added conditions, Fabric continues to run as normal tonight with JME, Skepta, DJ EZ and Scratcha DVA among the line-up.

[Via: Evening Standard]

Back