Ever wondered what a true clubbing legend has to say?

WeLuvIbiza

Apologies if this has been posted before, pay particular attention to Dave's reference to VIP areas :)

Dave Beer shared a link.

18 May near Leeds, United Kingdom
Firstly I'd like to say that the last 23 years have been the things that dreams are made of as a small boy I never in my wildest dreams would I have believed what an amazing adventure was about to unfold which i'm trying to put pen to paper to write my book, but don't hold your breath this may take some time. At some points the things that were happening to me were so surreal it was like I was in a dream. But like all dreams they can become nightmares. Back to basics as truly been one big rollercoaster ride. Some massive highs some very scary descents. It's been one hell of a ride and and I'd like to say thanks to all who I've been my side. I feel so lucky and privaliged to have met some of the most amazing people. But it does sadden me to be let down by people l considered my trusted friends and allies. I've never expected much from my friends/work associates. Only the same as I would do for them. In my career and proud to say I have helped launch the careers of a lot of people giving them a platform to manifest and realise there dreams. I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around even in the fickle world of the music industry. I've always been aware that there are a lot of people in this business that would sell there souls to get what they want. And I always always believed be nice to people on your way up because you will probably meet them on your way back down, whilst clinging to this white knuckle ride called promoting. I've had many chances to get off and get on another less dangerous and safer pass time. But for those of you who really know me that's never been an option in my world. I live and breath my passion for music acid house club culture and all that comes with it. The reward of being a purveyor of good times when someone leaves your party after a life changing experience.

Any way cut to the chase Beero. Since November I've been through one of the most taxing time's in my career as a promotor. I'm not complaining or feeling sorry for myself. I have weathered the storm but sailing far too close to the wind for comfort and nearly loosing everything. But in the immortal words of the Beatles I got by with a little help from my friends. Or shall I say my real friends are the ones that never forgot. For those not aware in November the club the Garage which was home to Back to Basic's was dramatically closed without warning and for reasons we will never get to the bottom of. But one thing is for sure some people weren't playing from a straight deck resulting in myself and others loosing a lot of money. It left me without any income at all, but as they say that which does not kill us will only make us stronger. The whole point I'm writing this is to say massive massive thank you to a small few of you that came through for me when i needed them the most. Jamie Jones ,Luca Cazel ,Denny ,Brawther, as always Andrew Weatheral, Irvine Welsh, Paul Oakenfold , David Morales, Frankie Knuckles, Mr C, Ivan Smagge, Dave Clarke, Gareth Cooper, Gary Blackburn, Charlie Chester and Ralph and the residents. Dermot Smyth, Simon kevan ,Emma Hyde, Jody Jode for beieving in my vision. Joe Corry- A child of the Jago, Scotty travel inc., Klaudia and Tom for working on the film with no cash, Nic Gundil for the design work, Micheal Maginess for flyers and the friends who've lent me cash to get through this financially un-stable few months. To the agents Will at NGE and James at Elite. Gazza for free hair cuts, Outlaws yacht club for bar tab, most of all Aimee and my beautiful kids for believing in me and the love and support with no pocket money. So massive thanks from the bottom of this old heart of mine I love you all hope I've not missed anyone.

But on the flipside I have been disillusioned and disappointed by the people who could've quite easily stepped up to the mark and given us the break and respect we deserved . We still have no night in IBIZA again this year!!!!!!!! my friends and peers who now sit in put in there big paid positions of musical power. People I considered my closest. You know you are, yes i know you've been busy and meaning to get back to my e-mails or were genuinely in meetings when I called your office ten times. Maybe you all lost your mobile phones too twittering someone more important for your ego and bank account lol???

For the first time ever I've thought about packing it all in and doing something less stressful. But you don't get rid of me that easy. I'm not a quitter or a loser. As my mum always told me you can't keep a good man down. And the person you can rely on is yourself and your mum, but sadly she's now passed away. This message is not about self pity, it's a positive message about self-preservation and the preservation of what I love the most. Anyway, I'm back on form, fighting fit, match ready and for the first time in a while time in the red.

So watch this space I will be bringing a new club on my own, designed for comfort and quality. A creative space for those in the know. Somewhere to loose reality a multi sensory experience with a proper system built for the club. NOT f***TION BLEEDING ONE. I was going to LA or Miami even my spiritual home Ibiza, but how can I turn my back on the place that's served me so well. A place with two ee's and LSD in its name. I need to stay for a while and sort this shit out and give Leeds the club it needs. Once again a club for real discerning clubbers, not shuffling sheep prepared to stand around in massive warehouse's getting ripped off and skant of all their hard earnt cash. Is not about cramming as many people into see some over paid over weight over here over rated DJ paying £40 to get in NO wanky VIP area. Real club people need to be looked after like they're all VIP's. A space for those that know the score, money back good times guaranteed in a safe environment where girls can dance without getting hassled. Where you can smoke in comfort with heating, where you cannot have more than eight people in one toilet cubicle at the time (simply) because it's not big enough. Even seating and gouching out beds !! With a realistic ticket price and if you can prove you can't afford it then I'll let you in free. I'll stand on the door myself so no bull shitters will get in. The building will also consist of the basics music academy giving young talent a chance- BGT basics got talent LOL! At least two rooms of music, for young and old alike one straight up cutting edge up front house room and who remembers the good old funky rooms where one can make shapes and dance like you mean it. Most of all no stroppy bounces taxing your party pack! Great drinks, great music (STANDARD BASICS!!!) simply a great night out. I was thinking of calling it NASA but then again it's not f***ing rocket science so I'm thinking of calling it the FIFO club which stands for fit in or f*** off. Named after a great club in London years ago that didn't deal with knob heads and idiots either. Members only by invite by another member. Friends and extended family. no cattle crew please get down call lane or better still out of town I'll give you your bus fare.

YOU KNOW THE DANCE PEEPS it's time to get Back to Basics. I've seen some good locations got some pledges of financial backing to match what i have to put in. I've put alot of thought into this, I'm the man with a plan on a mission to recruit like minded people, no time wasters with the same vision to cut the crap. My old lady was right you can only rely on yourself but one thing I learned myself is you can't do anything on your own.

All interested parties message my inbox or e-mail me at dbeer@btinternet.com looking for staff, talent and possible match investment even partners maybe (again no cunts please) had enough of them to last a life time LOL.

Once again thank you to all the Basics faithful for the love and support over the decades it's you who are the core of what we do THANKYOU

KEEP THE FAITH BEERO BACK WITH A VEGANCE xxxxxx

Battle weary but never broken by the looks of it. Anyone who's been through the sort of sh!t in any field where they get taken out financially (more than once) and crushed under the weight of others' greed and/or misfortune or a poor decision knows what he feels like (yeah I'm speaking from plenty of experience).

I wish him well. He's not the only one who won't be tolerated in Ibiza unless he brown noses the right people though. Concept of fit in or f**k off ain't just for his own club and sooner he accepts that is the way of things the sooner he'll get a night up and running there again ;)

Back