Eurovision Song Contest 2008

Morbyd

So who's watching tonight?

I'm tempted to tune in before going out for the evening... haven't watched it in years but I remember it being all kinds of guilty cheesy fun :lol:

I read in Popbitch that Dima Bilan, admittedly a talented young man but still somewhat annoying, has been tipped to win on his 2nd attempt.

Ani Lorak from Ukraine is also a hot favorite. I met her at a party in Kiev once. Gorgeous girl and quite nice back then... some former colleagues of mine helped launch her career (by putting her in some TV commercials) but now that she's a big star she apparently has little time for them :confused:

And who is this English entry, Andy Abraham? Never heard of him....

Why oh why do we still take part in this show? Even ol' Terry seemed at the end of his tether tonight!

What a load of political dross! I think the lack of a music contest has actually gone beyond amusing now and is wholly irritating.

:spank:

:lol:

Called that one! :lol:

Only ended up watching the first 3 singers as the missus wanted to go out to dinner and a movie. Even that I saw only because they turned it on in the restaurant.... I quite liked the Albanian girl!

I saw a clip of Dima Bilan's performance when I got home and thought it was dreadful. People on the post-Eurovision show on Russian TV were acting like they'd just won the World Cup :lol: Add this to Zenit St Pete's UEFA Cup and national team winning last week's world ice hockey championships and I'm going to have to deal with a lot of high-on-themselves Russians over the next few weeks :lol:

what did you all think of Sebastian Tellier representing France? The song was produced by Guy-Manuel de Homem Christo (Daft Punk)

I loved it, it was so bad it was good :lol:

The winner the russian "Gheyfest" was the campest thing I have seen in years. Either they got the idea from the movie "Blades of glory" or visa versa.
Long live Eurovision, it gives you something to talk to all those air stewards about when your flying over to Ibiza.

Back