Euro Exchange Rates

sweet sensation

Havent done a search, so b*llock me if theres a thread already, but where is the best place to get euros at the mo?

Its looking pretty dire :confused: Ibiza is expensive enough without the euro being so low, so if anyone can suggest places Id be greatly appreciated :D

Cheers

edit: its from the pound £. Also would it be better to just take cash out of a machine in Ibiza instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
edit: its from the pound £. Also would it be better to just take cash out of a machine in Ibiza instead?
That's what I usually do. I'm convinced it's the best way to get the best rate no matter what currencies you're dealing with.

It does depend, however, on whether or not your bank has large bank machine transaction fees. Mine doesn't, so I withdraw with impunity!

Yeah same as. I take it a bit of dough with me but just withdraw there as I think it's the best rate. Could be wrong but just always seems ok.

According to reports analysts predict the Euro to strengthen further against sterling and dollar which is good news.

That's what I usually do. I'm convinced it's the best way to get the best rate no matter what currencies you're dealing with.

It does depend, however, on whether or not your bank has large bank machine transaction fees. Mine doesn't, so I withdraw with impunity!

But how do you know? Do you have to wait until you get your bank statements when you get home? Or does it say on the machine, I cant remember??! :rolleyes:

We normally take some euros with us then take the rest out of the cash machine. Hmm dont know.

Is there anyone who is in Ibiza now that is going to take money out of a cash machine from a UK bank account? :)

What banks DONT sting you for taking money out?
it might be worth setting up an account with funds in before you go.

Well, the easiest way is to just compare how much you pulled out in one currency with the difference in your account in the other!

I get a text message with my balance after each transaction so it's easy to see.

Usually you'll get something close to the real exchange rate plus .5% - 1%.

I have bought a few €'s already whilst the rate was a bit higher, but I get my travel insurance through my bank and as such it costs me nowt to use my card abroad so what I dont think I will be any worse off to be honest....

My bank :oops::oops::oops: I just told them to convert my savings into €'s for me and I got the 1.21 rate.....

Lol! Ive seen 1.25 online today, but I dont know if its worth the hassle getting them online and having them sent to you, cos im sure it will cost to have them sent :confused:

God this time last year we got some for 1.50!!! :rolleyes: bl**dy euro!

Lol! Ive seen 1.25 online today, but I dont know if its worth the hassle getting them online and having them sent to you, cos im sure it will cost to have them sent :confused:

God this time last year we got some for 1.50!!! :rolleyes: bl**dy euro!

Cool - I would definately think about it - cost me nothing to have mine sent to me and that's not a bad rate considering in the papers its 1.18 today...

Last year a few of my pals got a card specifically for holiday to get free withdrawals. Only takes the time it takes to apply for another current account, can re use it every holiday. Ensures you don't overspend, makes sure you don't have too much stealable cash on you, get the best rates. Bingo bango. Happy Days.

Nationwide, flex account, no charge on overseas withdrawal and a decent ex rate compared to some others, check the small print on the others when they say " free overseas etc" they don`t charge a fee for sticking your card in but the exchange rate they give is very poor,
Have a good one
Tim

Last year a few of my pals got a card specifically for holiday to get free withdrawals. Only takes the time it takes to apply for another current account, can re use it every holiday. Ensures you don't overspend, makes sure you don't have too much stealable cash on you, get the best rates. Bingo bango. Happy Days.

Do you know how I can get one of those ?

Might have phrased it wrongly, by specifically for holiday, I meant the opened the aforementioned Nationwide flex account. They managed not overspending just by transfering in a certain amount prior to holiday and therefore not able to withdraw anymore. And it doesn't charge you withdrawals so you just take out your set budget each day. It's just the standard current account but with free withdrawls and a good exchange rate.

Might have phrased it wrongly, by specifically for holiday, I meant the opened the aforementioned Nationwide flex account. They managed not overspending just by transfering in a certain amount prior to holiday and therefore not able to withdraw anymore. And it doesn't charge you withdrawals so you just take out your set budget each day. It's just the standard current account but with free withdrawls and a good exchange rate.

Thanks for the info !

May have to look into that for when I go.

Back