Eduardo tackle....So he really caught it in the turf didnt he Mr Taylor!!!

coley

ed-horror.jpg

:evil::evil::evil:Yeah of course he did...as the photos show

Dear sweet Mary mother of jeezus...:eek::eek::eek:

Looks like a compound fracture too... he'll be lucky to play again :!:

3379.jpg

despite this photo, i cant imagine there was intent to foul, i'll bet hes just been too slow - unfortunately with horrific consequences, sickening to look at :|

3379.jpg

despite this photo, i cant imagine there was intent to foul, i'll bet hes just been too slow - unfortunately with horrific consequences, sickening to look at :|

watching motd last night and the highlight did look as though eduardo was to quick for him....saying that its a very clumsy challenge, here's hoping eduardo can play again.

Comment from Steve Bruce with regards to Taylor which disturbs me a little....

"He would never, ever do anything malicious. He has mis-timed the tackle, and I've seen it. Some would say it is not even a yellow card." :eek::eek::eek:

...he's broken the guys leg for gods sake!

WTF is Bruce on....:eek::eek::eek:...Hello McFly....The kids career could be over:evil:

Incidentally they also put Gareth Bale out for the season as well and thank god it wasn't as bad as yesterdays horror show....whether he is a "malicious" player or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear sweet Mary mother of jeezus...:eek::eek::eek:

Looks like a compound fracture too... he'll be lucky to play again :!:
i was right. Compound fracture. In fact, double compound fracture (i.e. both bones broken and protruding).

They're supposed to announce the prognosis tomorrow but I'd guess he's out until at least the end of the year. Tough blow for both Arsenal and Croatia.

While the defenses of Taylor expressed by McLeish and Bruce are sadly comical under the circumstances, I do believe that Eduardo was just too fast for the guy. Unfortunate incident all around!

Coley and Deano, im 100% with you on this. McCleish is getting on my nerves, today he said like Bruce that the ref only sent him off because he saw the injury and not because of the tackle.

The whole attitude of ex-players in the press and radio (talksport mainly!) is really p****ing me off. They still maintain the whole attitude of "showing them youre there in the first minutes" is acceptable. Eduardo will never forget Taylor was there now will he?!!

IMO that tackle deserves a suspension. It was very late with no attempt on the ball. If there was not an injury he should have been sent off. That is poor sportmanship like diving (Rooney, Drogba).

IMO that tackle deserves a suspension. It was very late with no attempt on the ball. If there was not an injury he should have been sent off. That is poor sportmanship like diving (Rooney, Drogba).

whats your real name? Arsene Wenger?

the bloke was done by eduardos quick feet, and going into the tackle like that, he was bound to get caught. unfortunately he got caught 6 inches up with his foot planted in the ground.

unless his bones were made of concrete something was gonna snap. and it did!

the only unfortunate thing is that it didnt happen to Eboue, who is one of the most dirtiest players ive ever set eyes on.

I didn't really think it was a sending off. By the book it obviously was, as it is a dangerous challenge etc. blah blah. By if it wasn't for the injury he would no way of been sent off. Standard 40 yr old man vs. 20 old man Sunday league tackle. Agree in wishing it was on Eboue. Still, back playing in nine months apparently. Feel sorry for Croatia more than anything, Bentner going straight in my dream team !

I didn't really think it was a sending off. By the book it obviously was, as it is a dangerous challenge etc. blah blah. By if it wasn't for the injury he would no way of been sent off. Standard 40 yr old man vs. 20 old man Sunday league tackle. Agree in wishing it was on Eboue. Still, back playing in nine months apparently. Feel sorry for Croatia more than anything, Bentner going straight in my dream team !

if the ref didnt send him off, he would have been stretchered off himself.

whats your real name? Arsene Wenger?

the bloke was done by eduardos quick feet, and going into the tackle like that, he was bound to get caught. unfortunately he got caught 6 inches up with his foot planted in the ground.

unless his bones were made of concrete something was gonna snap. and it did!

the only unfortunate thing is that it didnt happen to Eboue, who is one of the most dirtiest players ive ever set eyes on.
He was done in by quick feet no reason for a ****e tackle. :spank: No matter how much i dislike a players actions I don't want them to get hurt. I am a gunners fan.:lol:

Agree; his foot was way too high.

He was done in by quick feet no reason for a ****e tackle. :spank: No matter how much i dislike a players actions I don't want them to get hurt. I am a gunners fan.:lol:

aint Taylors fault he foot was planted in the ground when he caught him.

it was just bad luck!

Que?

I can see you've made a typo there as its surely meant to say Ronaldo?!......Rooney is one of the hardest working, honest players in the prem (albeit a little trappy now and again :lol:!)

Back