EDM Bubble to burst?

'Whether purposely or inadvertently, we have created a culture in EDM whereby it is no longer about the music. Our culture is now about fame, stardom and name recognition.'

Having read it, I do agree that Trance seems to suffer that to some degree. Alot of people I've met in the past couple of years at the Armin gigs, for example, are only there for Armin and not interested in any of the other (and generally, better) DJs.

I've actually just noticed it's URL points a dubstep page. All arguments are officially invalid :lol:

It doesnt matter if its from a dubstep , trance , techno or jazz page , if they are talking about the 'EDM scene' then it is of no interest and most likely is pointing towards the U.S which I would say generates its own watered down , mass produced 'scene' which is fed by europe. I dont know what this 'bubble' they speak of really is as I dont know a single person into this 'EDM' stuff they speak of. Its essentially talking about fans of Skrillex , Guetta , Tiesto , SHM and the like from what I can tell. Quite happy for that bubble to burst if thats what it is

Back