easter weekend 2018 - awakenings & dgtl amsterdam

stivi

just seen the line ups out for these two. on the same weekend. normally not a huge fan of festivals, but this does look very very tasty.

thoughts?

23844525_1468108709968485_2036398663345804131_n.jpg

23844956_10155899664429153_949127277205160146_n.png

Have been impressed at what Amsterdam has to offer. Looking at this i am tempted, will have to see how things pan out financially.

So thats Music On Festival, DGTL, ADE, Awakenings, Drumcode Festival & they normally have a Diynamic festival aswell. Fair play to them alot going on

Have been impressed at what Amsterdam has to offer. Looking at this i am tempted, will have to see how things pan out financially.

So thats Music On Festival, DGTL, ADE, Awakenings, Drumcode Festival & they normally have a Diynamic festival aswell. Fair play to them alot going on

And dekmantel, loveland, 909 festival, and a few single day festivals around the king & queen's day.
+ around 20 very good clubs...
It really is the clubbing capital of the world now, much more than Berlin in my opinion.

Last edited:
It really is the clubbing capital of the world now, much more than Berlin in my opinion.

not sure I agree on this.
amsterdam has massive festivals, but on a weekly club life basis I think berlin is still king. but both amsterdam and berlin are definitely tops right now.

not sure I agree on this.
amsterdam has massive festivals, but on a weekly club life basis I think berlin is still king. but both amsterdam and berlin are definitely tops right now.
Amsterdam also got the clubs front covered. Between De school, De marktkantine, shelter, radion, claire + the ones that open twice a month or so, like the warehouses, i think it's better.
It's also much more inclusive than berlin...

One huge bonus that Berlin has over Amsterdam is that it doesn't have a proliferation of British ilk... or, they've managed to successfully filter it out. Either way, it's better. Amsterdam is an everyman's destination, regardless of your knowledge/interest in electronic music. See: stag groups and jollies.

One huge bonus that Berlin has over Amsterdam is that it doesn't have a proliferation of British ilk... or, they've managed to successfully filter it out. Either way, it's better. Amsterdam is an everyman's destination, regardless of your knowledge/interest in electronic music. See: stag groups and jollies.

shame it is not the weekend before, as that is when England are playing in Amsterdam :spank::lol:

I've never been to Amsterdam. Nearly made it out for ADE but opted for fabric birthday instead! 2018 will almost certainly be the year! That DGTL line up is powerful.

Id give all that a miss just to hear one of Dimitri's 6hr sets again at roxy.. or wherever he's playing now..:cool:
Dimitri @ Thuishaven Wintercircus | 22 februari 2015 by Thuishaven Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thuishaven-amsterdam/dimitri-thuishaven-wintercircus-22-februari-2015
https://www.mixcloud.com/Oldschooldjsets/dimitri-love-ball-roxy-amsterdam-1994/ and this beauty..
DIMITRI ROXY 18-07-96 by TrouwAmsterdam #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/trouwamsterdam/dimitri-roxy-18-07-96

Last edited:
Back