early october

pakie

thinking of headn away 3rd oct till 7th oct.will all or sum bars be open in west end, peppers,ect. dont want it to be a ghost town.celebrating a birthday.I know for sure magaluf pretty good at this time as was there last oct,was thinking of a change.any info will be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
the big clubs will just have shut by that date, but you'll find many bars still open.

stick to ibiza as Magaluf is even worse that time of year.gets alot og old people going that time.ok a few youngs ones still left.mainly workers though.west end bars not all will be still open.some open all year round for locals to come out and play.once we have all done end of oct.

thanks for the quick replies . I have been to magaluf last oct on 17th for few days and was well pleased with amount of bars open and good crowd of people about young and old ,so if Ibiza is as busy I will be happy .All I have to do now is wait for flights to go on sale :). one more question will the beach (cocktail rega bars) down on xinox beach and pinet playa be open or closed, spent many a day at them in summer :D.

bay

The jetbou ski festival is in in san antonio bay until the 10th october and they bring around 500 people over.. so lots of partying on the playa bella beach.. all the bars in the bay stay open through october..we were very busy in pink panther :D donnegans, bucaneero,peppers and mar ipins all open until end of october..

hi Sue thanks for that info ,thats great that there's plenty of the bars open.still waiting for flights to come on sale.:)

hi I was checking when the jetbou ski festival was on and the dates they are giving are 12th oct untill 22nd oct 2012 is this correct

yes

sorry yes, they have arranged it a week later this year, 2011 was 1st week of october.. so definately 12th to 22nd xx

DC10 & Space closing are normally first weekend in October. Bars in San An start shutting from last week in September. It's not a ghost town but it is rather quiet-personal experience from working there last season and trying to PR for a bar to well, ghosts! ha

DC10 & Space closing are normally first weekend in October. Bars in San An start shutting from last week in September. It's not a ghost town but it is rather quiet-personal experience from working there last season and trying to PR for a bar to well, ghosts! ha

If I remember right, Bar Amsterdam closed its doors the Tuesday afternoon following DC-10 closing (4th October) and Koppas the night before was down to 3 mullered irish lads, some reps and a Nigerian dude... the reps looked too spent for a knees-up and an almost 'post-apocalyptic' atmosphere pervaded the streets of the West End by then. It was quite strange.

Reckon things would have been a lot better in San An a week or so later when green shoots of recovery of normal off-Season San An life emerged.. but I actually found that immediate transitional time pretty sad there - would the last person out please switch off the lights ?

it sounds dead to me the way you described san an lol. was in magaluf last oct 17th to 20th and had great time, atmosphere great still plenty around not like the huge crowds that are there in july and aug but I really enjoyed it and plenty of bars open even bcm, am thinking maga again

it sounds dead to me the way you described san an lol. was in magaluf last oct 17th to 20th and had great time, atmosphere great still plenty around not like the huge crowds that are there in july and aug but I really enjoyed it and plenty of bars open even bcm, am thinking maga again

Refering you immediatly back to post #2

LOL I havent been to Ibiza for the last two summers so was hoping that might get lucky and plenty bars and people be about at that time of year. kinda knew myself odds were against it.

Space doesn't close until the 7th so I imagine there will still be a fair bit going on until at least then.

the bay

Like i already said the bars in the bay were busy, from what i heard the hotels in the bay were full until the end of october, but most of the hotels in the town shut. This is normal for october, people tend to come for drinking and partying rather than clubs.. quite a few hen parties etc.. especially people coming for 3 or 4 days.The weather was nice and hot and sunny right up until the last week of october xx8)

The last week in September was freezing cold though!

You jest surely?!

I've been last 2 years in last week of September and have found the weather unbelievably good.

In fact last year the weather in the few days I was there at the end of Sept was arguably better than the weather in 1st week of July!

Possibly cooler, but definitely dryer!

Back