E-bay and non payers !!!!!

xxVic-zeexx

Right im sure we all read about the death of my poor mobiley after the nose dive situation into my pint of rose :evil:

anyway.....it couldnt be fixed on the cheap so it went on ebay 8)

Bids starting from £40.00 but a buy it now for £60.00....was up 4 days and had 11 people watching it. Then i get notified that someone bought it, was well chuffed....

No instant payment, which didnt worry me as im used to a few late payers....this was on Wednesday btw. You might think 'youre being impatient' and i dont bame you, but he this member signed up on the day he bought my phone thus having no feedback :confused: messaged him yesterday asking, in a nice way, when i might expect payment and havent heard back :confused:

I then read that you can relist the item after 4 days if i havent received payment, fair enough...but im gona be charged for listing again arent i ?!

Given the fact this user signed-up on the day they bidded I can only assume that the likely scenario is that you have fallen victim to a regular ploy used by buyers to avoid paying for items they have bidded on, but later decide they don't want the item.

Here's how it works:

Say you bid on a item and are the highest bidder. Suddenly you have a change of heart, and don't want the item anymore. However, you're the highest bidder and legally bound to pay your highest bid if successful. What do you do?

You could come clean and explain to the seller that you've made a genuine mistake by bidding, and have no way of paying so could they please consider your bid null and void and take-up the second highest bid on the item.

However, this would be down to the seller's discretion and they would have no obligation to agree. They could also still leave negative feedback, which obviously effects the buyers rating in the future...

So a sneaky way around it is creating a fake buyers profile and outbidding yourself, with the intention to never use the account again.

This way, by way of technicality, they do not have to pay.

Also, as the new account won't have been verified yet, it will be exceptionally difficulty for eBay to trace themselves, especially if it's not accessed again.

And obviously, the second-highest bidder is under no obligation to pay.

I would say this is what is likely to have happened.

You need to open a dispute, but remember to close it within (60 days I think? Might be 30) if they still havent paid or eBay then dont care. Then you do not need to pay fees. I did not know this when I sold something for £600 and the buyer never paid and I refused to pay eBay almost £60 in fees! They got debt collectors onto me who phoned my house 2-3 times a day. Eventually I paid them just to get them to **** off and contacted eBay about this. They credited my original fee back to me of £60ish but not the £20 the debt collectors put on top.

Basically eBay are ****s!

Blimey :eek: to both the above...

Im more infuriated that i have lost a potential hit of money before i go Ibiza because of this selfish ***** :evil:

Looks like come the 26th im gona have to select the 'buyer hasnt paid up' selection part then go from there :rolleyes: what a load of sh*t :spank:

You need to open a dispute, but remember to close it within (60 days I think? Might be 30) if they still havent paid or eBay then dont care. Then you do not need to pay fees. I did not know this when I sold something for £600 and the buyer never paid and I refused to pay eBay almost £60 in fees! They got debt collectors onto me who phoned my house 2-3 times a day. Eventually I paid them just to get them to **** off and contacted eBay about this. They credited my original fee back to me of £60ish but not the £20 the debt collectors put on top.

Basically eBay are ****s!

Interestly, I've had quite the opposite experience with ebay. I've only ever had 1 dispute, and this was resolved incredibly efficiently by them.

Basically, I bought an item and the seller did a bunk with my money. They even kindly closed the account a few days after payment to confirm my suspiciouns.

Anyway, I contacted ebay direct and raised a dispute through the resolution centre, explained all the details, and ebay agreed with me after about a fortnight, and fully refunded me, although I doubt they ever saw the money again themselves.

I think the bottom line is, like everything, the importance is in the detail. Yeah sure, it can be tedious reading through pages of terms and conditions worded in jargon, but at the end of the day it's only your back you're covering.

And debt collectors are a law unto themselves. I don't blame you for paying-up, I'm sure it was the right decision given the pressure they were probably putting you under. Why I would always recommend dealing directly with the first-party the dispute is with. They are far more lenient and flexible than debt collectors.

Although, I would also argue, if you genuinely feeled wronged, DO NOT PAY. Payment is acceptance that you are in the wrong. And as the above has highlighted, with the first-party you can always appeal, and (usually) claim at least something back. A debt collector is a very different kettle of fish.

Interestly, I've had quite the opposite experience with ebay. I've only ever had 1 dispute, and this was resolved incredibly efficiently by them.

Basically, I bought an item and the seller did a bunk with my money. They even kindly closed the account a few days after payment to confirm my suspiciouns.

Anyway, I contacted ebay direct and raised a dispute through the resolution centre, explained all the details, and ebay agreed with me after about a fortnight, and fully refunded me, although I doubt they ever saw the money again themselves.

I think the bottom line is, like everything, the importance is in the detail. Yeah sure, it can be tedious reading through pages of terms and conditions worded in jargon, but at the end of the day it's only your back you're covering.

And debt collectors are a law unto themselves. I don't blame you for paying-up, I'm sure it was the right decision given the pressure they were probably putting you under. Why I would always recommend dealing directly with the first-party the dispute is with. They are far more lenient and flexible than debt collectors.

Although, I would also argue, if you genuinely feeled wronged, DO NOT PAY. Payment is acceptance that you are in the wrong. And as the above has highlighted, with the first-party you can always appeal, and (usually) claim at least something back. A debt collector is a very different kettle of fish.

I told them it was being resolved with eBay but they continued to call. The only reason I paid was because they were phoning my house when I was still living at home and basically harassing my mum every few hours.

You had a good experience becaise eBay and PayPal always side with the buyer ;)

Said to my work mate, it was only a matter of time before my good luck on ebay ran out with a bad e-bayer :evil: low and behold its happened....typically on the item that was gona earn me the most money :rolleyes:

Lets see how painfull / painless it is for me to sort this situation out with ebay :spank:

Said to my work mate, it was only a matter of time before my good luck on ebay ran out with a bad e-bayer :evil: low and behold its happened....typically on the item that was gona earn me the most money :rolleyes:

Lets see how painfull / painless it is for me to sort this situation out with ebay :spank:

Its a pisser but you need to chillax about it as ebay, by its very nature, is tainted slightly with dodgyness.

1. Complete the non paying bidder form on ebay to claim back your fees.

2. Relist your item to have it ending on a Sat morning or Sun eve to maximise bidders at the end of the listing. You might find that you get more for it secong time around.

3. Pour yourself a wine.

Its a pisser but you need to chillax about it as ebay, by its very nature, is tainted slightly with dodgyness.

2. Relist your item to have it ending on a Sat morning or Sun eve to maximise bidders at the end of the listing. You might find that you get more for it secong time around.

3. Pour yourself a wine.

Spose im more peeved about it because i was a bit reliant on that money coming in, typically :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help tips...no doubt come Sunday i will be filling in the said form :(

3. Pour yourself a wine, ensuring your phone is at a safe distance.

Fixed that for you..

Back