Dublin...

ric

Just back to the hotel after finishing the Dublin Marathon in what could only be described as a monsoon....

Ended up coming in at 4hrs 23 mins according to the time at the finish line which was only 2 mins slower than Belfast this year which was good weather....

I was aiming for 4hrs but i set out at the start with the 3hr 45 pace group but lost sight of them at 7 miles.... soon after the 4hr pace group passed me and i lost sight of them at around 17 miles.... i didn't even see the 4hr 15 min pace group pass me as i was too busy trying to wipe the rain from my glasses...

Still happy with the time considering the ridiculous conditions.... ended up walking round in circles for an hour after the race trying to get to o'connell street through all the diversions... never been so glad to see a hotel room.... got back and peeled all the clothes off and collapsed on the bed, completely naked and face down... 5 mins later the cleaner arrives to see if i want new towels.... despite me pretending to be asleep she lets herself in and stands there, in the ****ing room, for at least 2 mins saying "hello.. hello"..

BIG thanks to anyone who donated ( you know who you are )... :D:D:D:D

Congrats on getting it done and in a very decent time as well.

Now that the darker nights and crap weather are finally here it's time for me to start getting back into my running :D

0230bfd5.jpg

Congratulations, not a bad time at all.

Was it a good event?

I looked at that one earlier in the year as a possibility.

cheers everyone!!!! :D

i left dublin this morning and got the Irish Independent before i left because they had a marathon supplement and it seem the time i thought i got was wrong... i can only put it down to either hallucinating at the finishing line or not being able to see properly because of the monsoon... :lol:

according to the list of finishers, i actually came in at 4hrs 18mins 13 secs!!!!! beating my previous marathon best by nearly 5 mins!!!!! so i'm still on course to better each previous marathon attempt!!! i want to see how far i can take this beating previous records malarky!!

next up.... Paris!!!!!! :D:D:D

Congratulations, not a bad time at all.

Was it a good event?

I looked at that one earlier in the year as a possibility.

yes, it was a decent course... a good downhill section of at least a few miles but unfortunately what goes downhill must go uphill... :lol:

the worst thing was the rain though!!! i've never ran in rain so bad!!! i had my top zipped half way down to get air in and the rain was stinging my chest as it was that hard!!! staggering around for an hour after ( still in the rain ) trying to find my way back to the hotel through all the diversions was not fun!!!

but overall.... great marathon!!! loads of people out cheering and kids standing at the side of the road with tins of sweets etc etc..

yes, it was a decent course... a good downhill section of at least a few miles but unfortunately what goes downhill must go uphill... :lol:

the worst thing was the rain though!!! i've never ran in rain so bad!!! i had my top zipped half way down to get air in and the rain was stinging my chest as it was that hard!!! staggering around for an hour after ( still in the rain ) trying to find my way back to the hotel through all the diversions was not fun!!!

but overall.... great marathon!!! loads of people out cheering and kids standing at the side of the road with tins of sweets etc etc..

Nice one, sounds cool.

Might give Dublin a whirl next year going by that.

Well done again, wicked time.

Back