driving over to ibiza,ne one done it?

lee w

has ne one drove over to ibiza from the uk? im lookin to work summer '05' and have thought about driving over with a mate,would be an experience plus wud have transport whilst over there.
If ne one has done it,was it worth it? how did u find keeping your car over there? how much was the petrol etc??? is it a bad idea?? ne information would be appreciated

This is also an idea I have been thinking about. I have a brand new Mini Cooper, which I would be paying for if I went away as there's no way I'm selling her, so thought I may take her with me.
Im just worried about the state of the cars already there...I'm sure nobody would be worried about hitting my baby! At least I know she would be safe here!

judging by the state of the cars i saw out there, caked in dust/shit, not to mention the fact that EVERY single car has a ding in it, i wouldnt dream of taking a brand new car out there. have you got any mates looking for a car right now? why not try and set up a rental with them, get enough to cover your costs for the car, they get a brand new car for crusing about the summer in, and you know its a mate looking after it. if i was driving to ibiza, id take a shitty old car!

where's your ibiza spirit? a car is a chunk of metal - mine is covered in dust and dints and i just don't care.

i've never driven to ibiza from britain but i've travelled extensively all over spain and found the roads to be extremely good. there are 3 options for the ferry - barcelona, valencia and denia. petrol is cheaper here too but do check your british insurance cover - i think it's only valid for 3 months here.

other than that the rules of the road are pretty much the same as in britain (alcohol consumption etc too)

any help?

spanish drivin

well we drove from barcelona to denia and yeah the roads are very good compared to other EU countries but I wouldnt bring my baby out here for the simple reason that most drivers over here have *no fear* whatsoever of running into/ scraping past or otherwise making car2car contact.

was a laugh driving through spain in the hire car though, has to be said, and driving in ibiza seems much easier than in mainland spain. one thing to watch out for: the expensive tolls - one road here was nearly 20euros! whoa!

oh and in ibiza town they dont seem to think twice about towing your car away (one of ma roomies had his bike towed but i think that was more for the general safety of the public...)

agreed. avoid the toll roads, they're the equivalent of british motorways where you see hardly anything of the country. the main roads are free and tend to be more scenic.

Back