Drinking suggestion Dalston/Hackney Tonight

claretclubber

Wednesday afternoon/evening drink in either of these places.

Can anyone suggest a good area with a few pubs within walking distance.

:(:(:(

Took over 7 hours to get down, couldn't get anywhere South of Redbridge because of traffic. Missed start of game.
Played poorly and got beat.
Got home at 6am because of road closures.

Only beer in London was at the ground :spank:

Not our best trip :D

Back to the Olympic/London stadium next weekend. I am certain that it will be better for athletics than it is for football :( Will aim for a stop at elmooreo's suggestion, however any recommendations for house or tech/house nights fri or sat in London Town? Looked at RA but nothing jumps out- we are staying near Angel.

Cheers ;)

Coming down to London from Aberdeen on Friday for the weekend. We're planning this on Friday. http://www.platinumradiolondon.com/the-prl-meet-up/

I contacted The Chapel Bar in case there is a dress code. They've told me smart casual. I guess it varies but anyone know the place and how strict they are on a dress code? Can always manage a shirt and pair of shoes if necessary (would rather not) but if smart casual means no jeans then I'll be looking for somewhere else.

Loads of places to drink around there. Upper street or Shoreditch ?

Fabric is spitting distant from there . Scala, the egg and Camden palace,but I haven't got a clue what's on at any of them?

Last edited:
Picked the accommodation because of Upper Street, enjoyed a good drink there previously.

Will the secretsundaze sell out, only a small venue by the looks of it. I'll run it past the boss.

The location of PRL party looks a goer being close.....not meant to be clubbing trip. Hope we don't trip into a mad one :eek:

Good weekend-cheers for suggestions :D

Athletics was a good experience, atmosphere was good as it rippled around the stadium. Had a great view, fourth row up on the last hurdle on the home straight.

Two gripes; the organisers/security near Westfield were well on top of the touts and we had two spare tickets- so couldn't shift them.

Normally you're part of a captive audience at a football ground for 1 1/2 hour, being in there for over 5 hours drink (alcohol) and food was a killer. Her indoors got cold and we got ripped off for merchandise as well!

Managed to visit the crate brewery recommended by @elmooreo at Hackney Wick after, good real ale/wine/pizza and was not expecting banging beats.

Saturday did tourist stuff like Buckingham palace, then Borough markets for a drink and Tate modern.

Had a sleep, few drinks on Upper St then Secretsundaze at the Pickle Factory. Right sized venue for the crowd, good sound system and lighting. Good vibes in the crowd, meet a few who'd been Fuse in the AM. Died off by 4:30 but we stayed till near 6am. Died when we had to be out the hotel by 10:30:spank:

London few days planned for December. Bringing the kids 18-10 shopping and a few sights.. thinking staying around Camden area:confused: is this still place to be..o_O

London few days planned for December. Bringing the kids 18-10 shopping and a few sights.. thinking staying around Camden area:confused: is this still place to be..o_O

There's lots of 'places to be' in london these days ( hipsters and gentrifyers are to blame ). But camdens ok, its got character. It's also not too far away from the shopping..

Winter wonderland will be on whilst you're there. There should be plenty to keep all of you entertained for couple of hours anyway. There's plenty of beer I think?

http://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/theexperience/#Gui9Rsz360WL2JHY.97

Last edited:
Back