Drink Prices 2019-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed that Ibiza alcohol prices aren’t that outrageous relative to super clubs in other European cities. I was paying £12 for double JD and coke in fabric the other week for example.

Then again, I suppose the difference there is they hand out cups of water for free.

At the end of the day though, as long as people keep paying it these prices for water, they will keep charging it. Makes no sense not to, especially as it’s (I’m assuming) the most commonly brought drink in Ibiza clubs.

Last edited:
My view on the prices is I don't mind paying in the big clubs, where you are in a 'famous' venue who are paying big name artists big money to perform.

I also don't mind paying where the atmosphere or view is top class, such as the sunset at Cafe Mambo or the harbourside in Ibiza Town.

Its the bog standard, no view, no DJ, little atmosphere bars who charge big prices that are the biggest issue. Most commonly found in Bossa, the San An bars mostly keep it real.

Eden
Beer 10
Hierbas (con Hielo) 10
Mixer 15

edit #2:
water 9 (confirmed, asked yesterday)

Last edited:
Heftier than I would have guessed. Especially water if that’s confirmed. But then again the owners seem to have done a great job turning things around there, bringing big “brands” back to San Antonio, so I guess they’re entitled to charge as much as the rest of them to recoup their investment and continue that success.

What sort of prices would we be looking at in your bog standard West End bars? Normally just drink house spirits/lager or whatever they're offering to draw you in. Memory is a bit hazy from previous visits :)

The smallest deals i've had are usually 2 spirit/mixer 1 shot for 6 Euro, up to 8 various drinks for 15. Think i paid around 4- 4.50 euro for a pint alone in Shenanigans last year.

Did i read on here that in Hi you can ask for a specific beer and you will get a pint for a reasonable price or did i dream this?

The smallest deals i've had are usually 2 spirit/mixer 1 shot for 6 Euro, up to 8 various drinks for 15. Think i paid around 4- 4.50 euro for a pint alone in Shenanigans last year.

Did i read on here that in Hi you can ask for a specific beer and you will get a pint for a reasonable price or did i dream this?
It’s not quite a pint, maybe 4/450ml. From the beer bar in the garden. Was a Euro less than the bottles last year if I remember rightly

What sort of prices would we be looking at in your bog standard West End bars? Normally just drink house spirits/lager or whatever they're offering to draw you in. Memory is a bit hazy from previous visits :)

Depending on the size of your group gives you more bargaining power. Some PRs are more flexible than others. How's your bartering game? Loads of bars do unlimited drinking now, so pay €12 and get selected drinks free for a set-period. Of course, the bars are rammed. So you need to drink quick to get your money's worth. (and it's only ever going to be draught beer, vodka & mixer, peach schnapps and hierbas on offer)

Depending on the size of your group gives you more bargaining power. Some PRs are more flexible than others. How's your bartering game? Loads of bars do unlimited drinking now, so pay €12 and get selected drinks free for a set-period. Of course, the bars are rammed. So you need to drink quick to get your money's worth. (and it's only ever going to be draught beer, vodka & mixer, peach schnapps and hierbas on offer)

Are there any bars that do this that are decent? Is Rio any good? I’ve heard they do an open bar

Are there any bars that do this that are decent? Is Rio any good? I’ve heard they do an open bar

I like Rio for a casual drink - great location. They're trying to make it a proper destination venue with Hush taking over the inside room and going to late - not entirely sure it's working from reports. We're visiting later this week, so will let you know.

Depends on your definition of decent. Some are busy. Some are quiet. Most play music - largely accessible dance music you will recognise. If cheap drinks is your number one priority, then expect to sacrifice in other areas: clientele, facilities etc.

The other option is find a local Spanish bar. No music and no party atmosphere, but usually seats in the sun and €1 cana (slightly larger than half a pint). They won't welcome scores of rowdy Brits, though

I like Rio for a casual drink - great location. They're trying to make it a proper destination venue with Hush taking over the inside room and going to late - not entirely sure it's working from reports. We're visiting later this week, so will let you know.

Depends on your definition of decent. Some are busy. Some are quiet. Most play music - largely accessible dance music you will recognise. If cheap drinks is your number one priority, then expect to sacrifice in other areas: clientele, facilities etc.

The other option is find a local Spanish bar. No music and no party atmosphere, but usually seats in the sun and €1 cana (slightly larger than half a pint). They won't welcome scores of rowdy Brits, though
What reports have you heard from hush/Rio? Looking to attend to bring back the youthful days! I did notice so sort of 15e wristband? Is that for an hour's free drink or just entry?

I second the Spanish bar comment I found one up behind the bus station that was ideal and pennies for a beer.

Very nice deals at Amnesia last night.

2 long drinks only 15€ at the door with the worker pass

And later 5 drinks pack for 70€.

While this is true, my experience is with some of the drinks deals down the West End you end up with 'paintstripper' vodka an unidentifiable cocktail and a watery shot. These days I prefer to drink less at full price but have a good drink in a good bar.

Or you could also say i've just got old! :(

Definately still worth not looking too keen and a bit undecided about going in to the PR's to blag a free shot on entry though

While this is true, my experience is with some of the drinks deals down the West End you end up with 'paintstripper' vodka an unidentifiable cocktail and a watery shot. These days I prefer to drink less at full price but have a good drink in a good bar.

Well I know this to be 100% true. Witnessed some dodgy vodka pouring into Grey Goose / Smirnoff / Absolut bottles in my time

We used to play a game if we needed to walk up the west end - how far can you get without a PR approaching or stopping you..?!

I can recommend the Irish Pub next to Plastik (Flahertys)... (real) pints starting at 3,50€ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back