drink driving and car hire

I'm ashamed to say I have a DR10 on my license from 9 years ago :oops:. Apparently as far as insurance in UK is concerned it is spent after 5 years and with the police after 10 years. It is still there on my license though so would I be able to hire a car in Ibiza?

Almost certain that previous bans and points accrued are only valid in the issuing country.

Just take your photocard and don't show the paper bit.

I've never been asked for it anyway.

It shows my DR10 on the back of my photo license and also some speeding points I've picked up recently.. hopefully they will just look at the photo on the front to establish that it's me

"Lose" your license and get a replacement before you go?

(assuming the DR10 would be removed on a newly issued license?)

Still don't think you'll have a problem though...

I've only had a new license a month ago and it's still there but if it is as u say and doesn't matter anyway in other countries then perhaps they won't bother looking, cheers for your help! It'll be my first time to drive in a foreign country so I hope driving on the other side comes easy :)

I've only had a new license a month ago and it's still there but if it is as u say and doesn't matter anyway in other countries then perhaps they won't bother looking, cheers for your help! It'll be my first time to drive in a foreign country so I hope driving on the other side comes easy :)

You will feel normal driving on the correct side, I mean right side :lol:

Watch out for the speeding cops out there amber-leaf .. think I got zapped by one camped out on the road in towards Pussycat in San An the other night, judging by the almighty flash that went off and the blue flashing lights that fired up shortly before I darted into the nearby car park at a great lick and turned my headlights hastily off :eek: .. hoping the car hire company doesn't get a fine to send me ....

Back