dogs

chezzy

does anyone know if there is a dog rescue centre in ibiza?im interested because i havnt seen many stray dogs hanging around and none of the cruel practises you see in other parts of spain.In barcelona i saw a man walking up and down the rambla with a pram full of puppies, they were very sick and had diarrhea.In malaga there was a pet shop with puppies left in cages all night.Are the residents of ibiza kinder dog loving people ?

there are several animal welfare societies here.

the most visible is duo - http://www.duo-ibiza.de/

and there are others such as adda, rancho can dog, and an australian lady who looks after around 70 dogs in her house and grounds.

they all welcome help and donations and duo will happily show you around. i was there about 3 weeks ago, it's great to see the dogs getting proper food and shelter, but all of them want a forever home...........

stephen said:
there are several animal welfare societies here.

the most visible is duo - http://www.duo-ibiza.de/

and there are others such as adda, rancho can dog, and an australian lady who looks after around 70 dogs in her house and grounds.

they all welcome help and donations and duo will happily show you around. i was there about 3 weeks ago, it's great to see the dogs getting proper food and shelter, but all of them want a forever home...........

Is there a dog rescue place just outside San Antonio - I'm sure I remember being in a taxi to Sa Capella and seeing lots of dogs :confused:

Barbie said:
Is there a dog rescue place just outside San Antonio - I'm sure I remember being in a taxi to Sa Capella and seeing lots of dogs :confused:

I think it's a training school.

well ive just had a cry looking at the duo website,so many beautiful dogs.when i go over im going to persuade my husband to take me to look round and i will def give a donation.I dont know about giving one a home as ive got three one whom i just rescued.come on all you people who live there give a dog a home.Actually with the pet passport scheme it may be easier than i thought to bring one home

chezzy said:
well ive just had a cry looking at the duo website,so many beautiful dogs.when i go over im going to persuade my husband to take me to look round and i will def give a donation.I dont know about giving one a home as ive got three one whom i just rescued.come on all you people who live there give a dog a home.Actually with the pet passport scheme it may be easier than i thought to bring one home

Where did you get your rescue dog from Chezzy?? Me and my b/friend are in the process of rescueing a dog from Battersea.

we got scruff from dogs trust roden.I went last december just to take food and blankets,3 days later i acquired scruff ,i already had two dogs so i really didnt need another.He has been an absolute joy my other dogs are quite old but he has given them a new lease of life.I would say to anyone dont buy a puppy take a walk around a rescue centre there are hundreds waiting to be loved

chezzy said:
we got scruff from dogs trust roden.I went last december just to take food and blankets,3 days later i acquired scruff ,i already had two dogs so i really didnt need another.He has been an absolute joy my other dogs are quite old but he has given them a new lease of life.I would say to anyone dont buy a puppy take a walk around a rescue centre there are hundreds waiting to be loved

I sponsor a dog from Dogs Trust. We definitely aren't going to buy a dog, going to Battersea is so heartbreaking cos there's so many poor dogs out there that need love and a home.

rescue dogs

barbie did you ever get your rescue dog.The past two weeks we have had this skinny jack russell visiting us ,he jumps our fence and has a happy hour playing with our motley crew.dont know what to do about him(He looks really thin).Should i take him in and risk divorce,should i take him to rehomeing centre or leave well alone???????

barbie did you ever get your rescue dog.The past two weeks we have had this skinny jack russell visiting us ,he jumps our fence and has a happy hour playing with our motley crew.dont know what to do about him(He looks really thin).Should i take him in and risk divorce,should i take him to rehomeing centre or leave well alone???????

Yes we got 2 rescue dogs - we've had them them for 2 years next weekend and I love them to bits, best thing we ever did :D

Aww poor little Jack Russel, I think you should def take him in ;) Or at least take it somewhere where they'll look after him :confused:

seen that clip craig, love the way dad just leaves it to mother to sort the pup out :)
I like her training methods,some good behaviour from those pups when they got a bit older.. the one at the swimming place for dogs and people is good.. American's love their dogs..some nice asses on show aswell

Last edited:
Mates got an Italian mastiff. Lovely and soppy, such a solid dog as well. My Boston used to play ruff and roll around with him as pups but we can’t let him near him now for fear of squashing him.

Back