Do I REALLY Need the Ticket Printout?

Rebecca G

Hi,

Would it be okay to use my smartphone to show my ticket? I can print them out, but was wondering if this is an option.

Thanks,

Becca

I don't think its Spotlight (or indeed any ticket seller's) policy, but the club and promoters themselves.

It varies from club to club, from night to night. Sometimes you need the print-out. Other times you just need the reference.

we'd love to get rid of it, but due to the volume of people needing to get through the door in a certain time period, more and more clubs are using barcode scanners, which require a printed ticket. this are much quicker than checking a mobile phone.

we are hoping one day soon, that qr (those square mobile) barcodes for smartphones can be used as well.

we'd love to get rid of it, but due to the volume of people needing to get through the door in a certain time period, more and more clubs are using barcode scanners, which require a printed ticket. this are much quicker than checking a mobile phone.

we are hoping one day soon, that qr (those square mobile) barcodes for smartphones can be used as well.

I bought a ticket for Elrow at Privilege the day before - Spotlight had sold out / no tickets available. It was sent to my regular Samsung touch-screen mobile phone as a scannable barcode image and on arrival their scanner simply scanned my phone image.

Clearly the technology exists and is already in use on the island ... though it was apparent I was one of the first people to actually use it because the desk were completely perplexed when it worked. Great desk, btw .. followed the scan with "Have a great night, xxxx" ("xxxx" = real name). Very personal - cost them nothing and made me feel welcome and part of the evening right from the word go.

Back