DJ Top 100 2011 - The Results

Ikoda

Ok, so last night was the results party at ADE.

Interesting to the say the least.
Trance has suffered massively this year, and this can only be a good thing. There are a lot more names I don't recognize this year.

So, on to the results (In reverse order) from 30 to 1

30 - Kaskade (Up 5)
29 - Martin Solveig (Up 26)
28 - Daft Punk (Up 28.)
27 - Benny Benassi (Down 1)
26 - Sebastian Ingrosso (Down 10)
25 - Arty (Up 53)
24 - Hardwell (New Entry)
23 - Steve Angello (Down 9)
22 - Aly & Fila (Down 2)
21 - Infection Mushroom (Down 8.)
20 - Laidback Luke (Down 3)
19 - Skrillex (New Entry)
18 - Ferry Corsten (Down 9)
17 - Headhunterz (Up 17)
16 - Sander Van Doorn (Down 4)
15 - ATB (Down 4)
14 - Fedde Le Grand (Up 5)
13 - Gareth Emery (Down 6)
12 - Axwell (Down 2)
11 - Paul Van Dyk (Down 5)
10 - Swedish House Mafia (Up 13)
9 - Markus Schulz (Down 1)
8 - Dash Berlin (Up 7)
7 - Afrojack (Up 12)
6 - Avicii (Up 33)
5 - Above & Beyond (Non Mover)
4 - Deadmau5 (Non Mover)
3 - Tiesto (Non Mover)
2 - Armin Van Buuren (Down 1)
1 - David Guetta (Up 1)

Well our worst fears have been realised and Guetta is number 1. Ferry Corsten didn't seem too pleased to be number 18 this morning.

Ferry has been scolded for not producing Trance anymore. None of the stuff that'll be on his new album (So Good, Feel It, Check It Out, etc) isn't Trance, it's just very good EDM.

Three of the 2 DJs I voted for didn't make the top 100. (Signum, John 00 Fleming), two dropped (Paul Oakenfold, Ferry Corsten), one stayed the same (Above & Beyond).

The poll, to me, looks far more representative of 'popular' DJs across the spectrum now, rather than Popular Trance DJs with a few others sprinkled in for fun. Interesting, all three Individual SHM guys dropped places. Only them as a group climbed.

Just saw a video on Youtube of the results,
AVB announced as no.2 - lots of noise
Daid Guetta announced no.1 - the most awkward silence in that building!!!!!!!

TBH, as we all no, the dj mag poll is purely down to popularity - I mean David Guetta has 30 million fans on facebook or something.

When you see the likes of Digweed at 55, Sven at 97 and James Zabiela at 95 something isnt right.

Well, the DJ top 100 is a popularity poll, and has been for years. Thus, Guetta winning it and SHM in the top 10 is about right, as they have far more followers than the likes of Sasha, et al. Let #TranceFamily mourn for it's leaders lost title.

If you want DJ skill, look towards the DMC World Championships. That's more about skill.

Well our worst fears have been realised and Guetta is number 1. Ferry Corsten didn't seem too pleased to be number 18 this morning.

I didn't even know you lived with him Biggie. How could you tell? Was he slamming cupboards and stuff in the kitchen at breakfast?

Urgggh

Is that all those kiddie electro pop trance DJs care about? Getting in this **** chav dance poll?

Last edited by a moderator:
Breakfast is a good producer :lol:

He put it on twitter that he was disappointed with his result. One of the girls I know is heart broken that he dropped out of the top 10 (she's a little bit in love with him... :rolleyes: )

I didn't even know you lived with him Biggie. How could you tell? Was he slamming cupboards and stuff in the kitchen at breakfast?

On the contrary my dear Buckley, he tweeted this morning stating 18 wasn't the place he hoped for.

Seriously u gotta question who you are hanging around with at this point :lol:

I bump in to her at Trance nights, she lives in a different city. ;)

On the contrary my dear Buckley, he tweeted this morning stating 18 wasn't the place he hoped for.

I'd imagine he was hoping for top 5 ;) . His album coming out in July probably would of kept him top 10

Biggest waste of time ever.

The fact that Daft Punk still make it pretty high up even though they haven't Dj'd anywhere for a good number of years shows how stupid it is.

Always amusing to see the reactions of the die hard fans though :lol:

#TranceFamily have gone ballistic now that Armin has been knocked off the top spot by the French man. Twitter has made an amusing day of reading. :lol:

At the end of the day, the poll is aimed at promoters to sell out venues, in my opinion.
Like it or not, I think we'll have the DJ poll every year. And I will carry on voting in it for the guys who have gone Above & Beyond to impress me on a night out. (Hence my vote for J00F and Signum. Their OTR sets in February were something else)

I prefer to picture him stomping around in stripey PJs with you cowering behind an upside down newspaper at the breakfast table:lol:

Just saw a video on Youtube of the results,
AVB announced as no.2 - lots of noise
Daid Guetta announced no.1 - the most awkward silence in that building!!!!!!!

TBH, as we all no, the dj mag poll is purely down to popularity - I mean David Guetta has 30 million fans on facebook or something.

When you see the likes of Digweed at 55, Sven at 97 and James Zabiela at 95 something isnt right.

WHATS THE LINK FOR THIS PLEASE?

I hate the DJ Mag top 100... its a load of tosh

Proud to say i`ve only heard 2 off that list in my 20yrs of going to clubs. daft punk in dublin when there first album came out and paul van dyk in the shadow lounge miami.

Back