DJ off to Ibiza 11-20 June 08

dj mark hughes

Well, I am all excited BIFA here i come!!!!

I am resident for BIG, that had Alex Kidd resident in 2007. Currently booking all big name DJ's, Plus run Twsited Techno:

D.a.v.e the Drummer
Lisa Lashes
Lisa Pin-up
K-90
Kutski
Chris Liberator
Alex Gold
etc...

I am looking to DJ:

Hardhouse/Bounce
Techno (funky/acid)
Electro

If you are planning any gigs the summer, I will be happy to sort out playing for anyone interested.

I have a festival involving Tidy amoungst others, 6th July.

Please look at my profile on donstayin.com

or myspace account (dj Mark Hughes)

or email me back

Bring on the summer!!!!!

Mark Hughes

Strewth, how many Mark or Marc Hughes' are there!

Yer I know, annoys me, but what can ya do!!

I was booked a long time ago as Mark Hughes and had posters all over Norwich with my name all over it. Had to go with it from then on, I feel sorry for the Mark Hughes above. Would love to meet Marc Hughes though, perhaps I can catch up with him on the island?

Yer I know, annoys me, but what can ya do!!

I was booked a long time ago as Mark Hughes and had posters all over Norwich with my name all over it. Had to go with it from then on, I feel sorry for the Mark Hughes above. Would love to meet Marc Hughes though, perhaps I can catch up with him on the island?

Doubt it, since his Residency at Pacha ended, he's only played there once, at Space for ministry's 15th Birthday! He plays Barcelona quite alot, his wife is Spanish!!
Ministry resi, next playiny at the Rennaisance night in a couple of weeks!

What you offering here mate? Are you offering to sort big name DJ's for promoters, or are you looking for DJ work?

If its the latter, you will be exceptionally hard pushed to break into any of the clubs in Ibiza without someone who works for them who's willing to break their own back to get you a chance.

You can always pick up work for DJ'ing in bars in the west end etc, but be aware the bars here want DJ's who know how to work a crowd by playing commercial house, RnB, anthems etc. By and large you will not get to play what you want... which i gather is Hard-ish house.

Good luck!! By and large, in every group of lads you see in ibiza, one of them is a bedroom DJ who claims he's the man, and will bring their vinyl, CD's etc, expecting to get work like its back home or a random greek island. Thats not the case in Ibiza...

If i were you, and say i wanted to be a warm up DJ for a hard house night or something, i would be working my very hardest trying to try and get some exposure with big names that DJ on the island, either via promoters, or plain hassle.

You'll have to get to ibiza in April to get ahead of the masses... Theres 1000's of people wanting to do what you do man...

have a good one..

Thanks for all the advice mate, I am not looking for playing in a monster club, I have this with my residency at BIG. More for the private parties and club nights that want to add something different ot the night.

I play funky techno that not many people will have heard. I am happy to just come over and see what all the fuss is about mainly, but I know I can help promoting or playing something a bit different.

MARKB, to many people I am the real one, but it still makes me laugh when people say it, I blame the Norwich people for my name covering the city all those years ago!!

Thanks for all the advice mate, I am not looking for playing in a monster club, I have this with my residency at BIG. More for the private parties and club nights that want to add something different ot the night.

I play funky techno that not many people will have heard. I am happy to just come over and see what all the fuss is about mainly, but I know I can help promoting or playing something a bit different.

MARKB, to many people I am the real one, but it still makes me laugh when people say it, I blame the Norwich people for my name covering the city all those years ago!!

whats funky techno?

Funky Techno

I will get a new mix sorted and let you have a listen. I cant play it enough, a new sound from the techno world. Has a really upbeat sound, but with the hard Techno edge, something for everyone.

Back